Hawaii 5-0, 2011 season **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gerryex, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Hi ALL,

It doesn't look like there are any threads so rather than a thread per episode I started this as a thread for the whole season.

Yes, its not the greatest show on TV, but its not TOTALLY horrible, so for now I'm sticking with it.

One of the things that does bother me is that this McGarrett seems to be a Superman! There isn't anything he can't do! I had a lough out loud moment when there was a killer after some Navy Seals and one was drugged and thrown out of a plane. Well 5-0 finds out about the plot and McG was able to get to the airport, get a parachute, get on a plane, get up to the proper altitude and all in time so he can glide down and latch on to the passed out Seal and save him!!!

The real reason I wanted to start this tread is the sub plot about Kono who was kicked off of the force and seems to have turned rogue. Well, it seems obvious, at least to me (!), that she is really in an undercover operation that she has been sworn to total secrecy. Remember right before her hearing the police internal investigator (Tom Sizemore - wasn't he in jail for a while?) was waiting for Kono in her house. I would bet he worked out a deal that if she helped him in the undercover job, she would be reinstated.

Anyone else agree or disagree?

Gerry

2. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I agree that Kono is just working undercover. On a show like this, they wouldn't actually make a character completely turn evil. The total secrecy part is dumb, buy I suppose the writers think it makes it suspenseful. I probably wouldn't have even bothered ever watching this show if Grace Park wasn't in it. Lauren German is a nice addition - I hope she sticks around.

The parachute rescue was absolutely ridiculous, but completely predictable once the assassin dumped the unconscious SEAL out of the plane. I've seen this in other movies/shows, but the rescuer has always left from the same plane. That is at least plausible. This? :rolleyes: It's a fun show where I can shut off my brain.

I think the cast is all pretty good, actually, especially with the additions of Terry O'Quinn, German, Masi Oka, and Tom Sizemore.

3. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    There's absolutely no way that Kono is NOT working undercover.

4. Wil

Wil Unknown Member

Sep 26, 2002
    You'd think the criminals she's working with would have seen enough TV to _know_ that.

5. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    I am SO confused between this show, BSG and LOST :confused:

6. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Hmm... what about the former governor and the CIA girl, both of them started out good but later we found out they were working for/with Wo Fat.

7. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Funny timing on this thread. I was watching this week's episode tonight (a little behind...:eek:) and in the middle, decided I'd had enough, and deleted the rest of the ep, and the SP.

This show is sooo formulaic, and so over-dramatized. I've watched from the beginning, but enough is enough. I did enjoy the scenery; the HD was gorgeous.

8. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    What'd you expect from Charlie's Angels? Deep plots and real drama?

9. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    But if they've watched BSG, I could understand why they'd think she's not undercover. :)

10. Mars Rocket

Mars Rocket Loosely wound

Mar 24, 2000
    Sinnoh region
    Dude - that's the only reason my family watches the show. McGarrett is the very definition of a badass. Watching him kick ass and save the day each week is like a dose of awesome injected into your brain. McGarett is my hero.

11. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    The only people who we know are absolutely good are the four core members of 5-0 -- Steve, Danny, Chin, and Kono. Everyone else in Hawaii is either a victim, a love interest, a rube, or a Wo Fat minion -- or any combination of the four. :D

12. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    So you're saying she's really Boomer?

As to Kono being undercover, well duh!
    It was obvious to me the moment the first bad cop bought her a drink.

13. Wil

Wil Unknown Member

Sep 26, 2002
    It's all about John having a dream. As we go along, several more Lost and Battlestar characters will be introduced, in their "John's dream" roles. Eventually, John will wake up and Starbuck will come out of the shower. Then _she_ will wake up, and we wind up back on the Island (with lots of new characters!)

I mean it's all pretty obvious.

14. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    They resolved the entire "Kono as bad cop" subplot last night, with a plot twist that did not surprise a single viewer over the age of 2.

McGarrett's bitching to IA Capt. Fryer about pursuing a personal vendetta was hilariously hypocritical, given that McGarrett came to Hawaii solely to avenge his father.

So will Lauren German remain on the team? And now that the brunette Naval officer with whom McGarrett had a relationship has been reassigned, will Lauren's character go for him?

And will Autumn Reeser's character (from the Oct. 10 episode) come back and have another date with Danny?

15. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    This was my surprised face when it was revealed that Kono was working undercover.

[​IMG]

16. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    She's not in the opening credits, is she? (But Hiro is---was he even in the last episode?)

17. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    I hope she, Lauren German, stays on.... She's HOT. :D

18. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    +1

19. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Agree that Lauren German is hot, but disagree she needs to stay on the show. She was fine as a temporary replacement while Kono was MIA, but now she's redundant.

20. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Nuh uh! Because McGarrett didn't mess with anyone's team! dammit!

I vote for keeping all the beautiful women around. Although there's a disturbing lack of surfing and other ocean sports in this show these days.