Having Trouble Getting Guide Info Corrected?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by hookbill, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Oct 9, 2006 #1 of 10
    hookbill

hookbill Feathered Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Northeast Ohio

Advertisements

I have seen several people talking about having diffuculty in getting guide information corrected. I haven't tried this since currently I don't have any issues but if you go here you can reach Tribune Media directly (which owns Zap2it.com).

Who knows, it may be worth a try.

2. Oct 9, 2006 #2 of 10
    ehardman

ehardman Member

Feb 18, 2004
    Kansas
    Sent them an email. Thanks.

3. Oct 9, 2006 #3 of 10
    ad301

ad301 Member

Dec 20, 2001
    Two and a half weeks ago, I reported schedule problems on two channels, both at zap2it and on tivo.com. One of them was finally resolved Saturday morning, after 17 days, but I'm still waiting on the second one to be fixed.

4. Oct 9, 2006 #4 of 10
    ad301

ad301 Member

Dec 20, 2001
    Follow up: coincidently, I just received a phone call (!) from a very pleasant TiVo rep, asking if one of the issues had been solved. I confirmed that it had, and then asked about the other outstanding issue, and she promised to get right on it, and that it should also be resolved soon. I'm pleasantly surprised at the personal service, even if it did take a little longer than I had initially hoped.

5. Oct 9, 2006 #5 of 10
    mathwhiz

mathwhiz Member

May 28, 2000
    Okemos, MI, USA

Advertisements

I've been having problems getting guide data updated in a variety of ways. First, I'm still working with TiVo to get the channel lineup correct - there always seems to be something now quite right. Oddly enough, I've received a message on my TiVo twice now saying one of my changes took place, but the channel listing is still incorrect. The other issue I'm having problems getting resolved is actually getting guide data for certain channels. I've been trying to work with TiVo and Zap2it. Mainly Zap2it, since TiVo says they can't provide the data unless zap2it has it. I've been sending the same issue to zap2it for several weeks with no results. Guess I need to find some other way to contact them.

On a side note - I've been trying to get TitanTV to get the correct listings for me as well for many weeks - again with no results. I use TitanTV for looking at listings online - since I like their interface. Every Sunday, I review the lineups and report errors when needed. This coming Sunday, I'm going to try to find other emails or something to contact for TitanTV and zap2it, to see if I can get some response.

So frustrating having to do all this work just to get something correct.

6. Oct 9, 2006 #6 of 10
    hookbill

hookbill Feathered Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Northeast Ohio

While it would be nice for Titan TV to get their info straight, they have nothing to do with TiVo. Zap2it.com is the guide that reflects the info for Tribune Media and I have provided a link in my op.

7. Oct 9, 2006 #7 of 10
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I sent them an e-mail three weeks ago (through the link you posted), and I've spoken with TiVo CS reps three times about my guide issue. It's now 21 days and counting with STILL NO RESOLUTION. I am not happy.

I should be so lucky....:(

8. Oct 9, 2006 #8 of 10
    SCSIRAID

SCSIRAID Active Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Vero Beach, FL
    I used the link on Tivo page to report a guide problem and it was fixed in about 6 days.

9. wackymann

wackymann Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Boston Area
    I had a problem with the PBS-HD in Boston. They had been using the guide data for PBS-DT (which is just a digital SD simulcast of their regular PBS channel, not their HD channel). I submitted the problem via the web last Thursday. Over the weekend, they changed the call letters, so those are now correct (WGBH-HD instead of WGBH-DT). Unfortunately, the guide data is now completely missing for WGBH-HD. It just says "Regular Schedule" 24 hours/day. If I go to the Tivo Central online guide, that channel number (802) is completely gone from the lineup. So I submitted another report this morning.

I used the Yahoo-TV website to check other towns in my area to see if they have the guide data for 802 set up correctly. Almost every town I checked had it wrong (using the DT instead of HD). I eventually found one town that had it correct, so I mentioned that town in my bug report. Hopefully it will be taken care of soon.

The only other problem I've noticed is that they haven't deleted NESN-HD from 882 (they used to pre-empt INHD2 to show Red Sox games), even though Comcast gave NESN-HD its own channel (851) months ago. It's not a big problem for me because I can just delete that channel from my channel list. But it would make life easier if they just deleted it from the lineup altogether. I'm guessing that once the Bruins start playing home games on NESN-HD, they will get a lot of complaints of INHD2 recording instead of NESN-HD.

10. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    I have a problem (2 local HD sub-channels are reversed) that zap2it.com hasn't fixed after I sent 2 emails, first one about a month ago.

Now I hear the current lineup WILL be correct in a few weeks because the local station is making some changes.

With my luck zap2it.com will fix it just before they change so it'll be wrong again!