Having a very odd guide issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bobster954, Dec 29, 2011.

1. bobster954

bobster954 Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Last week (sometime before xmas...maybe mon or tues?) I noticed a large number of my channels were not coming up in the guide anymore. I could still view them but had to manually enter them.

Also, a few in the guide no longer had channel info, just said 'sign off' or other useless info.

I turned power off to the unit and restarted. no help.
    I have twice now reset my guide to see if that would work.

Both times the guide never properly showed the channels. One time I could select the missing channels in the channel list and make them appear, the second time a lot of them showed up.

However, in all this time, all the channels affected by this all say 'sign off' and most say 'to be announced'.

Obviously this has killed my recordings (like msnbc, cnn, fox sports, sci fi, and about 100 more) since nothing is coming through to populate those channels.

I will call tomorrow and see what is up, but I am at a loss to get my system to recognize the channels and get the info.

The missing channels all show up in the channel list, but sometimes not the guide. If I select them, they do show up. However, over the last 10 days or so not one of them has ever populated the info. Not one.

I have no idea what is going on.

There was one point, when I first turned off the power and put it on, I saw on the screen for about 1 second (maybe two) a message saying something is wrong with the tivo service....and never saw that again.

corrupted?

Everything else seems to work.

2. bobster954

bobster954 Member

Aug 15, 2011
    was on phone with tivo...tried a number of things that did not work.

our last attempt is to add a different zip code to try to reset my listings..then go back to my regular zip code.

just finished and that is not working.

apparently I need to call them again and I do not think they have any options left other than returning the unit. There was nothing else she could think of..

will let you know.

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    What model Tivo?