Haven't seen this: Just got 6.3a tonite couldn't be happier.

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by mst3k, Oct 17, 2006.

1. mst3k

mst3k New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Southern...

Advertisements

Seems to work awesome to me! So far I don't have any of the probs reported. No audio dropouts. Much faster guide. The one thing I do notice. With HD I didn't get the Bee-boop sound before on the HD Channels when accessing the menus, now I do. I like that.

I guess I might be one of the few that is actually happy with it.

sorry.

2. y2khardtop

y2khardtop New Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Albemarle NC
    Same here, much better, love the folders, and no problems at all so far

3. Cheezmo

Cheezmo Active Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Plano, TX
    You probably get the sound because DD recording/playback was turned off. Turn it back on to regain Dolby Digital sound (and lose the beeps again).

When you watch Fox OTA (if you do), you'll most likely get the audio dropouts.

4. Gweeto

Gweeto New Member

Jul 28, 2006
    I am one of the ones with 6.3 since this weekend and no problems so far. I do have DD recording/playback turned on.

Guess I will have to wait until after the World Series to see about Fox OTA because that is almost every show I watch but I don't watch baseball so I have nothing to test it out with :(

There have been so many threads about the audio dropouts I find it hard to believe they don't exist. I am confused about exactly how it occurs. If I were to experience the Audio dropout would it occur on recorded shows only or also during live watching? Also, is it only if you are playing back in DD or would you get it in regular stereo as well. The reason I ask about DD is because I run sound through both my receiver using the optical out and into the TV using standard RCA plugs. I only turn on my receiver about half the time.

Thanks.