Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by JonR, Dec 19, 2006.
1 with & 1 still w "a"
2 not on phone line w 3-1f as failsafe
I received it last night.
I'll relate my experience in case something similar happens to anyone else.
I forced a call late last night, and got a message that said the service didn't answer, or call failed, or something like that. The box scheduled a retry for 1/2 hour later. I said "meh" and went to bed.
I woke up this morning, and found the box on the "Almost there, just a few more minutes..." screen. Well, it stayed there for longer than I thought it should have, and I don't know at what point it started (although I suspect around 0200).
I pulled the power, plugged it back in, and voila. Reboot went fine, installed 6.3b.
The last of my two HR10-250's took the "b" update this morning, after a forced call. I supposed I would be the last one in America to get it! Thank God it's finally here.
Got it last night at 9:00pm PST after a forced call to a new number. I fell out of my chair when I saw "pending restart".
No unwanted reboots so far. It was nice to watch Letterman with no dropouts.
My second unit got 6.3b last night after forcing a call. I am now 2 for 2.
I had 6.3b for a few weeks but just got another patch last night. I saw it downloading and it's 6.3b-01-2-357.
Is that the one you guys have? Things seem to run better or it could be my imagination that my older 6.3 was a little troublesome and I've yet to fully test last nights update. Thank God the reboots went away a few weeks ago, Directv is in enough trouble as it is.
Finally got it yesterday, but since it's unrelated to the 3 week old Tivo virus it hasn't changed anything(never had the audio dropouts).
Silly question - I haven't called in with my TiVo for about 2-1/2 years now, but I'm thinking it might be time since it sounds like the 6.3b is working well. Obviously I'm WAY behind in updates - do I only need to make one call if 6.3b is there for it to install? It's a big issue to pull the TiVo out of the rack and bring it over to a friends house to make the call... Thanks for your help!
6.3 b for 48 hours and all's well. No more audio dropouts.
What makes you think 6.3b is working well? 6.3b fixes the audio dropouts that were caused by 6.3a, but I finally went back to 3.1.5f on both of my HR10-250s because of reboots, hang ups and missed recordings. If I were you and you are currently on a good working version of the code, I would wait until D* released 6.3c or d or whatever version fixes the mess they created.
Thanks bpratt. Sounded like things were going smoother with the "b." Guess I'll still leave it be. On another note - is there a quick and easy way to delete the daily messages I've gotten telling me that I have failed to call in for the last 800 or so days? I got tired of trying to delete them 1 by 1 a long time ago...
I'd like to know the answer to that question also since both of my units are now on 3.1.5f and unplugged from the phone line. A better question would be: Is there a way to stop logging the daily messages.
Evidently my unit must be calling Dish Network as it appears to be comfortable with 6.3a despite all the audio drops on Fox.
I give up. I'll call D in the morning to have it kick started.
Finally got my 6.3b last night, after being on 6.3a for about 3 weeks. I was a long-time 3.1.5 holdout.
Dallas, TX - finally got b tonight.
Guess I'll call D in the morning.............I can't believe this!
I've been forcing about 6 calls per day and still on 6.3a. I was hoping I'd get it before the football games started but it doesn't look like this is likely to happen.
still waiting here with my two HR10s... And 24 starts this weekend!!!
I have been forcing calls every day for the last week, and nothing but "Successful". I just got off the phone with DTV customer support. I expressed my great displeasure for the lack of updates and the OTA audio dropouts. They basically said they can't do anything.
I asked why I was told I would have the upgrade by/on the 12th, but it's the 13th and I don't have it yet. He said it should be complete on the 12th, but it may be the 15th before it's done. I asked him if thought that made any sense at all, and he just kept saying he can't do anything.
A Series 3 Tivo with cablecard is looking more and more appealing. I've been a DirecTivo customer for at least 5 years, and I've been very happy until the last month and a half. I'm going to be very pissed when I get audio dropouts in 24!!!
BTW, I haven't posted in this forum since the series2 TiVo's were new, but I still lurk.