Have you ordered the TiVo HD?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by dvr4me, Jul 25, 2007.

Have you ordered the TiVo HD?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2007.
  1. No, I won't be ordering a TiVo HD

74 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. Not yet. I'll be ordering mine later.

93 vote(s)
    41.0%
  3. Yes! I ordered mine from TiVo.com

24 vote(s)
    10.6%
  4. Yes! I ordered mine from Best Buy

15 vote(s)
    6.6%
  5. Yes! I ordered mine from Circuit City

15 vote(s)
    6.6%
  6. Yes! I ordered mine from (Other)

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. dvr4me

dvr4me New Member

Jul 10, 2007

Advertisements

When did you order?
    Where did you order?
    Has it shipped and on what carrier?
    When do you expect to receive it?
    Did you purchase a service contract?

I ordered mine 7/24/07 from Best Buy. I have received an email stating the order is complete and the order shows as complete on Best Buy's website. It is shipping UPS ground. I expect to receive the unit Friday. I have not bought a service contract but I may go into the store and buy one.

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber New Member

Nov 30, 2003
    Ordered yesterday along with a wireless adapter from tivo.com. Hasn't shipped yet. Hoping it arrive soon, I'm ready to say goodbye to my Comcast box. I got a two year monthly service plan.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I already have a couple of S3s, so I have no need for one yet. However if they do anything to make them more necessary, like only enable MRV/TTG for them due to their trancoding chip, or come out with some sort of HD-DVD/Bluray combo unit then I'd probably pick one up.

Dan

4. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I'm doing fine with my S3 and my ST S2 for now. I only have 1 TV, and receive OTA HD and analog cable, so no need for anything more than 3 tuners right now.

5. Globular

Globular No time to hack

Jun 9, 2004
    Groton, MA USA

Advertisements

Ordered from TiVo.com on 7/24 at 16:05 EDT. It hasn't shipped yet.

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I have 2 S3s and thus 4 tuners already (plus 3 lifetime ReplayTVs & a PC HD tuner), so don't really need more tuners at this time. I may contemplate Tivo HD down the road (especially if/when MRV is released) but will let all the bugs be sorted out by others 1st and will be curious to see how picture quality compares to S3s. Then again if the S3 will be sold in the future again for around $400 (with or without rebate) I will gladly pay $100 more for it over Tivo HD just for the bigger internal drive plus the front panel.

7. gardavis

gardavis Member

Nov 24, 2001
    Deerfield...
    Ordered the $500 refurb to be delivered tomorrow and due to yesterday's announcement, I ordered the HD Tivo and will return the other one. Good timing, though it could have been better. I have th $6.95 Multi-Tivo service discount for 3 years. I have an old S1 with Lifetime and a S2. The HD will replace the S1.

Gary Davis

8. bigusmfan

bigusmfan New Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Need a new category. I bought mined at a B&M today. I checked Circuit City's online in-store inventory and found out that my local store had at least 1 in stock. Went there at lunch. No units on the floor but I asked the salesman for help. He searched DVRs for Tivo and the HD showed up. At that exact moment, another associate came up to hand this guy some shelf tags. The HD tag was on the top of the stack. :)

I used a 40 off 199 coupon that I got when I changed addresses recently. They had difficulty getting that coupon to apply because of the HD's newness I guess. About 20 minutes later, I was out the door with a brand new HD unit. At the merchandise p/u window, I asked the guy how many units they had received. He said it looked like they had gotten 2 total (so 1 left folks) that morning.

FYI, this was the Brentwood CC in St. Louis.

9. ScottUrman

ScottUrman Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    We're very happy with our Series 3 (lifetime transfer) so no HD for us at the moment.

10. WizarDru

WizarDru New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Malvern, PA
    Ordered mine through TiVo on the phone yesterday, 7/24 at 10AM EST. I tried ordering through the website, but they kept timing out during the credit card validation process. I called the sales line when they opened and they were extremely helpful. He took my info and called me back an hour later. Last night, I got my confirmation e-mail.

When I checked it late last night, however, it looked like it was predicting a shipping date of 8/14 (which is a little later than I expected, but c'est la vie).

11. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    Now that i am hearing TiVo is moving forward with MRV/TTG for S3 I am in the market. I think I wan the TiVo HD internals vs the S3 plus the TiVo HD price is right.

Now I am holding out for a lifetime transfer offer

12. mriechers

mriechers New Member

May 26, 2005
    1 S3 and 2 S2s are good enough for me for the time being. I am happy to see the much more reasonably price, and not crippled TiVo HD come to market tho. If I ever get another HDTV, I will likely purchase a TiVo HD for it as a companion vs. another S3.

13. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Yes, bought one at Circuit City about an hour ago. Why order one when you can pick it up in person? :)

14. dvr4me

dvr4me New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Yeah, I noticed that Circuit City has them in store in the Minneapolis area. If only the llocal Best Buy store had them (5 minutes away) in store I would have gone out to get it. Last night when I ordered no stores were showing stock.

15. Unix_Beard

Unix_Beard New Member

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes, from Tivo.com

16. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    I'm seriously considering it, but the HD is so small, 20 hours in HD programming is nothing for me to cap out quickly. If I read it right it currently won't recognize an external drive for added storage. If it did that I'd likely jump on it.

17. mph005

mph005 New Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Ordered one yesterday from tivo, but later canceled once I found out I live in the SDV black hole that is Time Warner Austin.

I'll have to live with my SA dvr for now, and curse it everytime I look at it.

18. nhaigh

nhaigh Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Lawrencevill...
    I'm still "Not Yet". For me additional TiVo's require MRV. Release that and I'm in the market for two to add to my current S3.

19. cassiusdrow

cassiusdrow Member

May 21, 2003
    NJ
    I'll order one to replace an S2 w/cablebox in my bedroom when the following conditions are met:

- MRV/TTG is activated on the Series 3/TiVo HD platform
    - The MRV/TTG transfer restrictions make it worthwhile
    - The original Series 3 I have supports M-Card
    - My cable company (Patriot Media, recently bought by Comcast) supports M-Card

20. David Scavo

David Scavo Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Atlanta,...
    You should add some more categories

No - waiting on eSata support
    No - waiting on TTG / MRV
    No - waiting on Lifetime Transfer option

:)