Have to Delete Email Twice

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by whboyd, Feb 24, 2021.

1. whboyd

whboyd Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US

Advertisements

Every few weeks my TiVo presents me with a popup message, usually about something TiVo wants to sell me. (As the Viewer's Guide notes, "From time to time, you may receive messages from the TiVo service.") After I read the message I can choose to delete it. However, when I go to the TiVo menu that shows the "power" icon on the far right, I see a "messages" icon to the right of it. If I select that, the message that I thought I deleted is still there. Once I delete it there (again) it's really gone.

Has anyone else seen this? If so, do you agree with me that it shouldn't behave this way?

I tried complaining to a TiVo customer support rep about this, but as usual, they seemed fairly clueless.

m_jonis likes this.
  2. sehale

sehale Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Newark, DE
    Same thing happens to me. Delete on the original message doesn't seem to do anything except make the message go away. Have to go to messages to really delete it.

3. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015
    This isn't really email, then.

I will see the little envelope telling me I have a message in the main menu. I will select that and read, and then when I want to do anything else it will show the message again.

4. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Channel Lineup change messages delete with one delete command.
    The ones where TiVo is trying to sell you something, I always have to delete twice.