Have I set up my network correctly?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by swarrans, Apr 26, 2011.

1. swarrans

swarrans New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    I have a network card in my Tivo but have always used phone dial up, but I decided it might be wise to try updates via the network for after June 1st.

I went into that nc_tivo_config (can't remember the exact title!) file and changed the dialup option to network and rebooted Tivo.

I'm not sure if it's working - the phone dailup has "failed" since I did it (I was assuming it would still show this as being successful even though the updates are being done over the internet) but I have programme data to May 8th which sounds pretty current (I did the change on April 19th and so the dailup has failed since then).

So, do you think it is actually working and I should ignore the phone status message?

Many thanks

Simon

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith Still learning

Oct 5, 2002
    Reading,...
    No it's not working.

Suggest you rerun nic_config_tivo

And check the all the settings, in-particular IP addresses and reboot. Then use use the test call in TiVo's menu to check it's working.

3. swarrans

swarrans New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Many thanks Fred - the Gateway Address had defaulted to xxx.yyy.z.1 where it should have been xxx.yyy.z.254 - I changed it and the test call worked -

Thanks

Simon