Have always been a TiVo fan but...

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by squilmi, Jul 10, 2020.

Do you like the new TiVo system update?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2020.
  1. Like the update

33.3%
  2. Neutral

33.3%
  3. Hate the update

33.3%
  1. squilmi

squilmi New Member

Jul 10, 2020
    The new TiVo update with the addition of forced Ads, modified interface, and random system restarts has me seriously considering other options. There are many very competitive options. I’m betting TiVo will ultimately regret the decision to make this change.

JKR123 likes this.
  2. bobfrank

bobfrank Active Member

Mar 17, 2005
    I'm assuming you are referring to TE4 as the "new update." It's not really new at this point, but if that's it there is a simple cure. It's not difficult to move back to TE3.

You'll get the classic UI along with no pre-roll ads. Not sure what your restarts are about unless it's a problem with TE4 or a hardware problem. I'm running both a Roameo and a Bolt with TE3 and don't have any restart problems.

Lots of us here have stayed with, or reverted to, TE3 just to avoid the problems you mention along with avoiding the losses of certain TE3 features that we value more than the additional TE4 features.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    unclehonkey likes this.
  3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Is this in the right forum? What is the suggestion?

Also, what new update? Do you have a cableco version that just moved to TE4, if so that is old news and you cannot revert as noted in the second post.

4. ericlhyman

ericlhyman Member

May 19, 2001
    Silver...
    I am also unhappy that Tivo is wasting my time every time I start a recorded show with ads for its low-quality streaming channels. It is time for Tivo to remove these.

5. bobfrank

bobfrank Active Member

Mar 17, 2005
    There are two simple cures for that problem. Either move to TE3 as I suggested above (lots of threads with instructions) or call Tivo support and ask them to remove the pre-roll ads. Plenty of threads about having that done as well.