Have all AMC shows always been non-streamable/non-downloadable?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by bfollowell, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Apr 1, 2016 #1 of 15
    bfollowell

bfollowell Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Have all AMC shows always been non-streamable/non-downloadable?

I just tried to watch an episode of Talking Dead while I was running on the elliptical the other day and all Watch and Download options were grayed out, basically giving me zero options from my tablet short of deleting the episode. I thought that was sort of strange since I'd streamed two Talking Dead episodes the previous week.

I went through and looked at all of my shows, and the only ones that weren't streamable and/or downloadable were AMC shows. Like I said, I know some shows/networks aren't, and I wouldn't have thought a whole lot about it if I hadn't done it a couple of times the week before.

Thanks.

2. Apr 1, 2016 #2 of 15
    BRiT wtfdotcom

BRiT wtfdotcom Active Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I have options to watch on tablet, watch on tv, and also add streaming video when I browse the last recorded TWD episode East using the Tivo app on my Android tablet.

3. Apr 1, 2016 #3 of 15
    bfollowell

bfollowell Member

Aug 24, 2013
    OK, then, to me, that confirms that I'm not crazy. I knew I'd watched two episodes on mine last week. It's just strange that, this week, out of all the shows on my Tivo, the only ones that I cannot watch on, or download to, my tablet, are AMC shows.

Very strange.

Thanks for your reply.

4. Apr 1, 2016 #4 of 15
    wtkflhn

wtkflhn Member

May 12, 2006
    Metairie, La
    Maybe a TIVO reboot will fix this?

5. Apr 1, 2016 #5 of 15
    bfollowell

bfollowell Member

Aug 24, 2013
    You know, I'm sure power may have been out once or twice, but I haven't intentionally rebooted our Tivo since we moved into our new house in December 2014 and put it in service. I'm sure it reboots itself whenever it installs updates though. Still, that may not be a bad idea.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try.

6. Apr 3, 2016 #6 of 15
    bfollowell

bfollowell Member

Aug 24, 2013
    I forced a reboot and the Watch functionality came back for all the AMC shows. Download is still unavailable but I'm not certain it was there before and I know not all shows/networks are available for download, so I think I'm back to normal.

It's still strange that it only affected the AMC shows though, weird.

Thanks guys. I need to remember the easy fixes first. Never underestimate the power of the almighty reboot!

7. Apr 3, 2016 #7 of 15
    bradbomb

bradbomb New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Are you in an area that went from Verizon FIOS to Frontier FIOS? If so, they may have switched the CCI flag on non broadcast channels. I suspected this was going to happen, but this would confirm it.

8. Apr 3, 2016 #8 of 15
    bfollowell

bfollowell Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Nope, we're with Time Warner Cable.

9. Apr 4, 2016 #9 of 15
    bfollowell

bfollowell Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Well, all AMC shows are out again. I woke up this morning to find that all Walking Dead, Talking Dead, and Better Call Saul are all back to TV watching only. No streaming to tablet, no downloading, no nothing.

And it's only AMC shows, at least our of the shows I record.

10. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    TWC is well known for being locked down pretty tight.

11. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    He should still be able to stream it shouldn't he?

Scott

12. bfollowell

bfollowell Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Yeah, and it's only AMC shows, and it only started in the past week or so. I was fine with pretty much everything up to that point.

13. carstuart

carstuart New Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Chapel Hill
    I just had an issue where my Roamio would not allow me to record any shows from our local NBC channel. This included shows on the Todo list.
    A quick reboot of the Tivo restored WRAL to Tivo's recording grace.

14. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Universally, a reboot is the first step to resolving an issue with a Tivo box. Glad it worked. sometimes it helps if this is a hard reboot vs. using the menus.

15. tcorning

tcorning Member

Nov 14, 2001
    South Shore...
    Was just in Mexico and we watched the last episode of Walking Dead and Talking Dead via streaming. I did have to re-do setup of streaming at one point but after that everything worked fine.

Ted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk