Hava Set up for Tivo HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by rmstone, Feb 25, 2012.

1. rmstone

rmstone New Member

Oct 13, 2007

Advertisements

Hi All,

I moved my Tivo HD to the bedroom when I upgraded to Tivo Premiere. I live in Los Angeles, and my brother is in the military (right now stationed in Colorado). He wants to watch Lakers games via a HAVA I used to have hooked up to my Tivo HD.

The Bedroom TV is an old CRT TV with no HDMI input. I have Tivo connected to the TV via A/V (red, yellow, white) cables. How can I connect the HAVA to the Tivo to get it Audio and Video?

The inputs on the back of the TIVO are:
    S Video
    Optical
    Component
    A/V (in use sending audio and video to the TV)
    HDMI

The inputs on the back of the HAVA are:
    A/V in
    HD in
    S-Video in
    HD out
    A/V out

The HAVA came with 1 cable that is A/V on one end, and 1/8" on the other (which fits in either HAVA A/V in or HD in), and 1 cable that is Component on one end and the same 1/8" on the other.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    USe either the cable with component inputs or the cable with the composite inputs. I have both cables going from my TiVo Premiere to my Hava. And before the Premiere I was doing the same with a TiVoHD.

Just get an RCA splitter. This is what I'm using to split the composite(yellow) and stereo(Red and white) outputs of the TiVo. I split it between the Hava and a DVD burner. It works fine that way.

Something like this
    http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-406...2X62/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1330263985&sr=8-3

or this

http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-RY6-Male-Female-Adaptor/dp/B0007LCKJQ/ref=pd_sim_e_1

will work fine for splitting the audio and video outputs.

Although in my use I only use the Hava to stream over the internet or occasionally stream over my internal network. This setup has worked great for my use.