Has this happened to your S3?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by A-1, Aug 24, 2007.

1. A-1

A-1 New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Chicago
    It only lasted like a minute but it was a scary minute.

Lost all picture and any button i pushed on the remote just gave the boom sound. I was just about to unplug it when all of a sudden everything was back and working fine.

Anyone else experience this?

2. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    Sorry, nope. Haven't had a lick of problems with mine, and certainly nothing like that.

3. A-1

A-1 New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Yeah mine has been rock solid too, except for this one small thing that only lasted a minute and that was days ago.

I'm wondering if it had anything to do with it downloading new channel updates. Knock wood i hope it was the first and last time for this glitch.

4. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest

Mine did as yours did, until I changed the batteries, simple solution in my case

5. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    I had that happen once too. Just a black screen, no guide or tivo menu's would show and it did that sound when you hit any button. It too lasted about a minute and fixed it self before I pulled the plug, I was pretty close to doing so.

Mine has done that only once, and no other times. It's been pretty stable.

6. snathanb

snathanb New Member

Sep 13, 2006
    My S3 has been extremely stable except...

1) In early Feb of this year, it went through a week where everything it recorded had pixelation, even though the live broadcasts did not. I rebooted it and everything was fine.

2) In july, the hard drive failed. Got a brand new box @ Circuit City, in lieu of repair.

Other than that, it has operated problem free.