Has the old UK forum gone? Info required on Tivo Ver 1

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by sellmynumber, Apr 18, 2011.

1. sellmynumber

sellmynumber sellmynumber.com

Sep 19, 2006
    I've read that my trusted Tivo will no longer have epg data available to it via my phone line from June this year? Is this correct? will i be able to upgrade my tivo with a network card and pull the data from the net or is this it now and my Tivo will soon be consigned to the bin?

2. LarryDavid

LarryDavid New Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Are you being sarcastic? ;)

Long story short, Yes, that's been the situation for a long time. As of June 1st EPG updates will stop. The TiVo will continue 'working' but the EPG will never update and so you won't be able to schedule new recordings. Search around this forum you'll see loads of threads about it.

There's a group trying to put together an 'open' EPG which will work on dial up, see:

http://www.tivoland.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=1e842ab232f68b6f24773163cadcab3f

This will need you to update the software on the TiVo, but is hopefully still going to be accessible over the dial up.

Read through the forum and some of the threads in here for more detail.

3. VirginMediaPhil

VirginMediaPhil New Member

Nov 27, 2009
    UK
    The pictures over there look like an S2 TiVo UI. Is that what it will look like?

4. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    @sellmynumber - you may need to alter your "Display Options" setting on the index page; this now (stupidly IMO) defaults to "Last Day" so you may get the impression there are no posts on here!

5. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    @VirginMediaPhil - that's the test rig based on Oz version... not sure if we will use that one yet. (...probably not - it will probably look just the same as it does now!)