Has CSI New York been Miami-ized?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gastrof, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Jan 9, 2012 #1 of 10
    gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    I caught an episode of CSI NY the other day, and noticed the lines spoken sounded as odd as the way characters on CSI Miami used to sound...for the few episodes I watched. (Someone here advised me to not worry about Miami's plot points and dialogue, and just take the whole show as a comedy or parody.)

I've seen the NY version enough to know it sure didn't USED to be this way, but most of what I've seen is older episodes on cable, not first run network airings.

What happened? Did the show get infected by whatever has always been wrong with the Miami version?

2. Jan 9, 2012 #2 of 10
    dylking

dylking I've never farded

Jul 20, 2003
    St Paul, MN
    I guess it depends on which episode you watched. Most have been decent, to my eyes (and ears).

3. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I agree, most have been fine for me. I can't tolerate watching the Miami version at all. If this show started to sound too much like it, I would can it quickly!

4. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Yeah I don't think it has gotten anything like Miami. It does have it's own quirks though. Ever notice that there's is an obligatory chase scene in every episode? ;)

5. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Usually Flack and Messer have to chase down one person an episode..

6. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    I bailed on CSI Miami after they started shooting all the lab/office scenes at obscure angles and thru various objects in the lab/office. The characters would be engaging in a conversation and the camera would shoot them thru blinds or colored glass or beakers and if that wasn't enough the camera was constantly moving around. I have a headache just thinking about it.

7. Honora

Honora Member

Oct 16, 2006
    They mentioned it in a show I saw recently. (I don't know when it aired. My husband is way behind in his viewing.)

Those guys chase down another suspect, and one of them says, "Why do they aways run?"

8. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    At least CSI NY has a NON-CSI chasing the criminals. In Miami the CSI are either the first responders or the backup ("a cop was shot and we need to be the backup" - right - as if every cop in Miami wouldn't be there first).

9. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Heck, in the LV CSI, frequently, the CSIs are first through the door. Yeah, that wouldn't happen.

10. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I gave up on the Miami one years ago. The NY one was very dark the way it was shot. They have made things less moody now days.
    I was glad to see the LV one do a whole show about the Doc incharge of the morgue.