has anyone with 2 tivos gotten Yahoo online scheduling to work recently?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by tivoknucklehead, Apr 12, 2007.

1. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida

Advertisements

hasn't worked for months for me. only shows one of my two Tivos when I go to record something, even though under "my settings" it lists them both. it used to work

2. wackymann

wackymann Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Boston Area
    It never worked for me - won't even let me register.

*Update* just tried again and it finally worked!!! It wouldn't work for many months, so I had stopped trying.

3. Leo_N

Leo_N Lucky 200 member

Nov 12, 2003
    Wisconsin, USA
  4. wackymann

wackymann Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Boston Area
    That website has a HORRIBLE user interface. The Yahoo site is much nicer.

5. Leo_N

Leo_N Lucky 200 member

Nov 12, 2003
    Wisconsin, USA

Advertisements

Ahh, thanks, I'll have to check it out.

6. jhimmel

jhimmel Member

Dec 27, 2002
    It's not working for me at all.
    I am registered, but can not get my TiVo's registered with the Yahoo service. Neither of them show up, and clicking on "Update DVR list" in the Yahoo TiVo settings does nothing.

Jim H.

7. yunlin12

yunlin12 Tivonation Citizen

Mar 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I can see both of my Tivo's on the MyDVR settings page, but can only schedule to one of the Tivo from Yahoo. I didn' have any problem signing up for it. Just gave them my Tivo.com user name and password, and Yahoo grabbed all the info from Tivo.com

8. Leo_N

Leo_N Lucky 200 member

Nov 12, 2003
    Wisconsin, USA
    Well, got registered just fine. It sees all my Tivo's, but I can't select which one I want to record with. Also it will not save favorite channel selections.

9. jhimmel

jhimmel Member

Dec 27, 2002
    I would like to try it, but nothing I do seems to get my S3's to show up in "Current Devices" in the DVR list.

Jim H.

10. yunlin12

Mar 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    The S3 is the only one that shows up for me. FWIW, I activated my S2DT 1st, then later added the S3. Somehow the S3 is on the top of the list if I look at my DVR list at Tivo.com. I suspect this may be caused by the fact that my S3's name sorts alphabetically before the S2DT:

TivoThree vs TivoTwo.

Maybe if you change your Tivo names you can get them to switch orders.

11. yunlin12

Mar 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA

Maybe a stupid question, is your S3 visible on Tivo.com? Can you schedule shows from Tivo.com onto S3? If yes then that would isolate the problem to Yahoo not able to pull the correct info from Tivo.com

12. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Never heard of it until now - I just went to http://tv.yahoo.com/tivo and signed up - there is a link that takes you to a site that you will need to enter your TiVo.com info - email and password - check off that you accept and that is it.

It shows all of my TiVos and you're right - it looks better then the TiVo interface.

Edit: I just used it to record and found out that it only shows one TiVo. It looks like the interface to select your TiVo is broken - it will only record on the first TiVo listed.

13. jhimmel

jhimmel Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Yes, and yes.

I unregistered from the Yahoo! TiVo system, and re-ran the Sign Up and my machines finally showed up - but in duplicates (both machines were listed twice). Then I clicked on "Update DVR list" to see if it would clear the duplicates, but it cleared them ALL and I was back to no DVR's at all. The system definitely has problems.

Or, maybe the service that Tivo is providing the lists is having problems, because I just tried it at the TV Guide site (http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/default.aspx) and while my DVRs are showing up there with no problems, my recording attempts result in the following error -

"We’re sorry, but an error has occurred. Please try again or email a description of your issue to TV Guide at tivo@tvguide.com or post a description of your issue to the TiVo Remote Scheduling forum."

Both Yahoo! and TV Guide sites seem to be linking to the same TiVo provided DVR registration utility to tie in with the TiVo service. I think this service is new at the TV Guide site because the only other post in the DVR forum is dated today and it is a sticky "Welcome" post.

While the TiVo Central site does work for me, I do prefer the format of both the Yahoo! site and the TV Guide site over the listings at TiVo Central. So I hope one of them gets this working properly.

Jim H.

14. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    I just set up an account at the TVGuide site and it worked without any problem - I can change DVR's to any of 6 TiVo's. After setting it up I decided to record an episode - I changed the default TiVo and the clicked "record"

I got a confirmation email and a success screen at TVGuide.com

Success! Your request is on its way
    Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson will be added to the To Do List the next time your Bar 2-458 hrs TiVo DVR connects to the TiVo Service, which should be within 1 hour if your TiVo box is connected to the web via a broadband connection or within 36 hours if your TiVo uses dialup.

If you chose to receive an email about this request, you should receive an initial email once the request is received by the TiVo Service and a second email when the program is actually scheduled on your TiVo DVR. If you did not choose to receive an email, check your TiVo Messages and the To Do List on your TiVo DVR to see the status of your online requests​

15. jhimmel

jhimmel Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Go figure. I have no problems when I go directly through TiVo.com, but these other services just don't work for me.

Jim H.

16. jhimmel

jhimmel Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Okay, I just found out that I can schedule from the TV Guide site to my livingroom TiVo (first in the list), but I get the error if I try to send it to my bedroom TiVo. No idea why.

Jim H.

17. usnret

usnret New Member

Nov 25, 2003
    NW Ohio
    I believe that the Yahoo TV guide is still a "Beta". It's been that way for several months now. I have sent several email to Yahoo about the various problems (can't select one of three Tivo's, no email when a program is selected, etc.) and they just blow them off. It's now a POS and they don't seem to care.

18. milkrun

milkrun Milk Run

Jul 2, 2004
    Menlo Park, CA
    I had no success signing in with Firefox but I was able to sign in with IE.

I could only record shows onto my bedroom S3.

When they say beta, they mean beta. It looks pretty but functional? Not so much.

19. wackymann

wackymann Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Boston Area
    I only have one Tivo, so it works great for me LOL Hopefully they will fix the multiple Tivo issue soon. The web interface really is much nicer than the one at Tivo.com, but I agree it's pretty useless for people with more than 1 Tivo until they fix this bug.

20. HORUS

HORUS New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    NJ
    Works through TIVO site but not through Yahoo. I thought I found the problem when I noticed that my boxes switched on my TIVO account when the lifetime transfer took effect but I unsubscribed and resubscribed and still no yahoo scheduling.