Has anyone upgraded a Toshiba rs-tx??

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by cojonesdetoro, Mar 1, 2006.

1. cojonesdetoro

cojonesdetoro New Member

Nov 24, 2002

Advertisements

I have an RS-TX20 and was thinking of dropping a 300GB drive in there but would like to hear from someone who may have done it already. Does menu access slow down a lot? Any other drawbacks? Are the instructions the same as any other Tivo?

2. buddhawood

buddhawood Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Anderson,...
  3. cojonesdetoro

cojonesdetoro New Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Weaknees rocks. I bought two turbonet and one cachecard from them but I feel like just sending them money for providing those great instructions and an .iso to do the whole thing.

It took me a few hours to move from 120gb drive to seagate 300gb. The seagate is a 7200 rpm and is louder (and prolly hotter) but is fine for me. My only trouble was having to move the drives around between primary secondary IDE controller to get kernel to recognize them.

Tvo eport 361 hours capacity.. I guess that's cause the 'basic' quality on the ts20 is ridiculously compressed and looks terrible. My S1 seems to have better quality.

4. edm18

edm18 New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Is this still the best guide for upgrading a RS-TX20?
    TIA!

5. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006

Advertisements

I'd recommend the software and information located here. Older versions of mfstools have a few bugs.

6. edm18

edm18 New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    thanks. Looking at that site, there are a two separate guides for upgrading. do I use MFSLive or WinMFS?