Has anyone successfully used a Comcast gateway with MOCA

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by HazelW, Aug 27, 2017.

1. HazelW

HazelW Member

Dec 6, 2007
    No. Va
    I have a MOCA network that currently uses a MOCA converter connected to my modem and the coax. Since the modem is the newer Comcast gateway with built in MOCA, it should theoretically allow my MOCA network the connect to the internet without needing the converter. I have tied it sever times and it does not seem to work. I have searched and can not find anyone who is actually doing this successfully, although several posts say it is possible. So is anyone doing this?

2. jfalkingham

jfalkingham Member

Jul 23, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I've been using the moca network of my xfinity router for over a year. I have a scientific Atlanta DPC3941T (rj11 for voice too). I enabled MOCA on the main page after logging in and never an issue. I recently (2 weeks) turned it off and feed MOCA now with my bolt plus which works as well as the gateway did for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. HazelW

HazelW Member

Dec 6, 2007
    No. Va
    I activated MOCA on the gateway and then added my Roameo Pro to the moca network. It tries to get an IP, but fails. It can't connect to the internet.

4. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Double check the MoCA settings on the Comcast gateway and insure that there is no encryption set, nor a specific MoCA channel if possible.
    The Roamio's and all of the Tivos have a bad habit of sometimes getting "sticky" network settings and resisting changes made. Try it again, perhaps try switching to a different type of connection, wireless, or Ethernet, and then reboot, and change back to connect via MoCA network, make sure you have removed the Ethernet cable from the Roamio when doing this.
    Do you have a MoCA filter installed?
    Also after making such changes, try rebooting everything, gateway and Tivos.

5. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I have the Xfinity XB3 router and have MoCA enabled on and it works with my TiVo. I did call them to ask them to add my router to a whitelist as they periodically disable MoCA on their routers a couple of times a week as it can conflict with the MoCA network that is created by their X1 DVRs.