Has anyone figured out what to do to make ready fore sale?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by schatham, Jun 12, 2020.

1. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    For, not fore. Fat finger.

If I was to sell on Ebay, can you without involving Tivo as long as it's de-linked reset.

2. vurbano

vurbano Member

Apr 20, 2004
    call tivo and ask

3. schatham

Mar 17, 2007
    That could be the response to every question on this forum.

sssSMOKING likes this.
  4. md wass

md wass New Member

May 17, 2020
    of course, just factory reset this thing and say good bye..

5. schatham

Mar 17, 2007
    How? I can't find any factory reset. I signed out of all apps, maybe that's all I need to do.

6. md wass

md wass New Member

May 17, 2020
    settings/device preferences/reset..

7. vurbano

vurbano Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Somehow I dont see a tivo CSR telling you how to root their device, remove thier software, use an OTG cable, telling you which ethernet devices work etc etc etc.

8. rczrider

rczrider Member

May 15, 2020
    Did you just forget to contact TiVo before your 30 days were up?

Because between depreciation, eBay fees, and shipping, you're going to get $30 back, tops...and I pity the sucker who buys a used TS4K when they can get one for $50 with 30 days to return.

At this point, you should just keep it in case TiVo fixes it or we're able to put a custom /debloated / unlocked ROM on it.

9. md wass

md wass New Member

May 17, 2020
    thats not a bad idea, or wait until the "regular" price goes up to 70 dollars, if that ever happens, and then dump it

10. schatham

Mar 17, 2007
    I already returned 2 and only received money for 1 return. I decided not to deal with them anymore and would rather just get rid of them and at least get something vs being lost in Tivo return h*ll. I'll take my chances on Ebay.

It reached the point where I even canceled my DVR out of principle of not refunding me. I want nothing more to do with Tivo.

md wass likes this.
  11. md wass

md wass New Member

May 17, 2020
    life it too short to get annoyed over 50 bucks..I agree, there are so many better choices out there for streamers right now, maybe down the road they will make this what many of us initially had hoped it would be..