Has Anyone Displayed A Tivo Recording On A Palm Treo 650?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Kenji, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Kenji

Kenji New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Oakland,...

Advertisements

Hey. I'm trying to display a Tivo recording on a Treo 650. I can get Tivo Desktop to create a .mp4 file of a Tivo recording on my laptop, but I know neither which Treo application is capable of playing the .mp4 file nor where to place the .mp4 file on my Treo so the appropriate application can find it.

If anyone has successfully displayed a Tivo recording on a Treo 650 via the Tivo Desktop, I'd sure like to know how you did it. Thanks.

2. jlac839

jlac839 New Member

Nov 6, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Since I don't own a Treo, this is not exactly an educated response to your question but a possible pointer...

I have a Windows Mobile PDA (HP iPAQ) and I have successfully converted and transferred .tivo programs to it to watch. I used an open source player called The Core Pocket Media Player (TCPMP for short). There is a version for the Treo. It claims to support the 650 so it might be worth a shot. As for where you put the file, I'd imagine some generic or temp store space on the Treo is as good as anywhere. I used a palm device years ago and I used to transfer stuff with the HotSync software - does the Treo still use this? Alternatively, if you use an SD card in the device and you have an SD reader/writer on your PC, simply copy the mp4 to the card and then insert it in the Treo. The TCPMP application should allow you to browse for the file. The SD card method will usually be much faster than using sync software over USB or serial.

TCPMP is available from:

http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/

or

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-651.html?The_Core_Pocket_Media_Player

Check out some of the Treo forums like the one at mytreo.net to search for more info about players etc.

Hope this is of some help.

3. Kenji

Kenji New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Oakland,...
    Thanks. I just tried the latest version of TCPMP (version 0.72RC1), but when I tried to play my .mp4 file, TCPMP complained that the MPEG4 AAC Audio decoder was removed from the official package install because of intellectual property considerations. Is there a way I can get the MPEG4 audio decoder for TCPMP?

4. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    http://www.rarewares.org/aac.html

It's listed under "BetaPlayer AAC plugin "

5. Kenji

Kenji New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Oakland,...

Advertisements

Hey, that worked! Thanks very much!

6. waynehazle

waynehazle Wayne A. Hazle

Jan 17, 2006
    California
    so I will be trying this today and seeing if I can play files from my TIVO here