Has anyone actually replaced CC's and fixed pixelation?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by AbMagFab, Aug 3, 2007.

1. AbMagFab

AbMagFab What happened, TiVo?

Feb 5, 2001

Advertisements

I just find it hard to believe that pixelation is caused by CC's. Intuitively, it seems they either work, or they don't. They're simply decrypting the video signal, right?

2. George Cifranci

George Cifranci TiVo Bolt 500GB - TE4 UI

Jan 30, 2003
    Columbus,...
    I thought there was a software update for the Tivo HD's that came out on Aug 1st that fixed that issue?

3. AbMagFab

AbMagFab What happened, TiVo?

Feb 5, 2001
    That update was specific to SA cards in slot 2.

This, I think, is the same old problem that we had with the S3's early on, mostly with FIOS TV. The S3's got an update after a couple months that fixed it, but the TivoHD is still at the older software version.

4. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I'll let you know. I have a formerly perfect S3, that started severe pixelation early this summer. On 4-5 specific channels. I am going to do a cc swap on Monday. Will post results when I have some.

5. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...

Advertisements

TiVo never said that - it was not specific to that. The update on August 1st was a fix for some of the macroblocking issues in general. It clearly did not fix them all - I'm also still seeing macroblocking. I do have Scientific Atlanta S-Cards, but I'm not seeing it on just Slot 2.

6. knownzero

knownzero Seeker

Feb 26, 2001
    Columbus OH
    This is correct. I have Motorola cable cards and I'm still having the same issues everyone else is having. This is definately not specific to SA cable cards.