Harry's Law: Are you still watching?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by classicX, Nov 18, 2011.

1. classicX

classicX Don't scream.

May 10, 2006
    Miles away...
    I'm not seeing any recent threads for this show, which IMO is very good.

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Yes, I'm watching. Maybe because I liked The Practice and Bosten Legal.

Harry's Law is more of the same, only with different characters.

I was amused with the episode where Harry was fined for driving a foreign car.
    It made me wonder if a county/state could actually pass such a law.

3. omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming
    we look forward to it. There was a three part arc recently that we thought was excellent. It was the one with Jean Smart playing the DA

4. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    I like it a lot. Jean Smart has been terrific in that role. Also Paul McCrane has been on again.

5. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I'm still watching, but I am not going to be very disappointed when it is cancelled. I liked the first season. But the reboot has lost most of what I liked in the first season. It is more generic now.

6. randyb359

randyb359 Active Member

Jan 3, 2009
    I think this season has been really good. I will miss it when it is canceled.

7. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    I'm watching and think this season is better than the last. I like the change in characters.

8. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I'm sort of watching. I'm almost positive I have at least one episode on one of my Tivos, and MAY have lost an ep or two when my other tivo's drive went bad.

But I hadn't been watching many legal shows lately, and kind of got into this one last year after the main season ended.

I *don't* like the changes. I liked the "quirky little law firm" kind of feel. Did the chick from American whatever (the American Bandstand-in-the-past show) really leave? That shows which episode I saw last..

9. Michael S

Michael S Member

Jan 12, 2004
    I want to know did Brittney Snow really leave the show or is she coming back?

10. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Still watching religiously every week. Jean Smart was pure awesome and Kathy Bates is too (as always).

I saw zero threads and figured no one on here was watching -- so just kept my opinions to myself. :)

Glad to see I am not alone!

11. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    Still watching, I like the mix of humor and drama. Makes the characters more "real" to me.

12. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    We're still watching, but agree with not liking the changes. And I believe Brittany Snow did leave; she hasn't been on an ep since...

13. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    It has become Boston Legal without the magic of Spader and Shatner.

I watch, but if it gets canceled I won't care.

14. HomieG

HomieG Nowhere Man...

Feb 17, 2003
    Somewhere...
    We're still watching. Interestingly, we didn't think much of the first episode or two, but the show has grown on us since then. Miss Brittney Snow for the eye candy. Not sure we're thrilled with the new/larger law firm, but the plots have been decent. Actually liked Christopher McDonald (Tommy Jefferson) when he was more pompous. Wish they'd show more of that again, it was humorous!

15. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I still watch but the show has lost most of it's quirky charm with all the changes this season.

Yes, Aml Ameen and Brittany Snow are permanently gone and as someone else said, it's essentially a Boston Legal clone now.

(While I did find the foreign car plot amusing, who couldn't see that done with Denny Crane?)

I'll stick with it to the end but that's not far off as the show's ratings are in the toilet.

16. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I like the new version though I prefered the original. I like that Thomas Jefferson is on Harry's side.

17. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Well said. That was totally a Denny Crane story!

18. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I just deleted the last two episodes without watching and cancelled the season pass this week. We weren't enjoying it this season after the revamp.

My wife finally decided she didn't want to watch it anymore so she quit. I was going to watch it without her, but when I had two episodes recorded and wasn't itching to watch them, I decided to just throw in thew towel.

19. phil75070

phil75070 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    McKinney, Texas
    I really liked it in the beginning, but like most shows that start off "off-beat" or "quirky", they soon begin to take themselves too seriously and lose the very aspect that made them different and popular in the first place. Still watch but won't be upset if/when it gets canceled.

20. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Well put...that's exactly what's happened. We won't cry when it's gone...