Harmony Remote with Roamio + Premier, how to change address for PowerToggle

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by collin, Feb 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. collin

collin Member

Jan 2, 2008

Advertisements

I trying to configure a Harmony remote to work with both a Roamio and a Premier in the same room. I set the Premier to remote code 1 and the Roamio to remote code 2.

However, since the Harmony default code set sends commands as remote code 0, they both respond to the commands at the same time. So, I went through the painful process of re-learning every button in the command set for the two devices (Roamio, Premier) using the two different remotes for Code 1 and Code 2. This seems to work ok, but there are certain commands in the Harmoney command set that don't have a physical button that I can use to relearn using Code 1 or Code 2.

Specifically, the Power commands like PowerToggle don't have physical buttons and always sends as Code 0, so how can I get this to be Code 1 or Code 2 so the right device is controlled.

Also, side note: when I set up another Roamio on another Harmony remote (different city), the code set had some additional commands like Captions on, Captions off, which don't appear here. Any way to get those commands to load into this remote? (Then how to change it to Code 1/2)

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    There is no power button for Tivo itself, only to the TV/AV. Tivo DVR does not power off.

3. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    You didn't have to do that. If you go through the process of identifying the remote by recognizing the IR signals instead of just saying what kind of remote you have, the Harmony will recognize the addressing in the IR and use a command set which has that address.

What I did for the captions keys was to get the hex codes for them, update them with the IR address values, convert them to Pronto format, load them into an app on a Samsung cell phone, and then have the Samsung teach the codes to the Harmony. There are other ways to do it, including submitting the codes to Logitech and building an IR device with a Raspberry Pi.

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Also, Harmony has all IR 'code sets' in the Database. I made sure of that many years ago.

Sometimes the 'default' buttons are not how I like them set up, but you can still edit that.

-KP

5. collin

collin Member

Jan 2, 2008

Advertisements

Ok, thanks for the help. Using the tip about using the remotes with different codes to get the Harmony software to identify the Tivo code set worked. Neither of them showed up with the Captions On/Off code included though. I'll have to bring my other remote out there next time to copy them in or maybe log into the other account and load them that way.

6. rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Which Harmony remote? I use a Harmony Hub and it has the ability to change IR language. So my roamio and boly work fine in the same room. One on code 1 and the other on code 2.

7. collin

collin Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Harmony One remote. Older model, but it has the best layout for Tivo, IMHO better than any of the subsequent Harmony models.

8. collin

collin Member

Jan 2, 2008
    The roamio code set is putting out repeats which make it very hard to control menus. The repeats setting is already set to 0. Any suggestions to fix this?

9. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    Use the TiVo remote to program the Harmony. I have 3 of them and I agree the H1 works well with TiVo.