Harmony Hub and the 4K

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by jaselzer, May 16, 2020.

1. jaselzer

jaselzer Active Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Has anyone figured out a way to program a Harmony Remote with Hub to control the 4K?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. mschnebly

mschnebly Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Mesa
    I just used Nvidia Shield as the device.

3. KD - Tech

KD - Tech New Member

May 16, 2020
    Does the on-screen keyboard appear when input is needed? I used the AirTV Player but the on-screen keyboard never appears.

mschnebly likes this.
  4. mschnebly

Feb 21, 2011
    Mesa
    I does on mine. I cant do a few things though. I cant do the O button and you cant "learn" any of the RF codes or buttons.

5. jaselzer

jaselzer Active Member

Sep 10, 2018
    So when you added a device to the Harmony app, you added the Nvidia shield rather than the 4K? Did you have to pair the Harmony Hub via Bluetooth which would show as a keyboard in the 4K settings?

Edit: Yes the Harmony Keyboard by bluetooth is necessary.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  6. mschnebly

Feb 21, 2011
    Mesa
    Yes. The device was Nvidia Shield TV and then BT pair it with harmony. It shows up on TS4K as Harmony Keyboard. Works very close to great but not quite. You can then use the hack to get the TV vol and off/on working.

7. kiadontknow

kiadontknow New Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Hmm. I used Google AndroidTV, which brought up the Asus Nexus Player. It works fine, but the keyboard doesn't function, though I just use the Android TV app on my cell phone for keyboard inputs.

8. KD - Tech

KD - Tech New Member

May 16, 2020
    I just tried Nvidia Shield and it works the same as the AirTV Player did for me. No on-screen keyboard. I can use the keyboard in the Harmony app, but nothing on screen to use with the remote. It also disables the on-screen keyboard using the TiVo remote once the harmony is paired.

9. kiadontknow

kiadontknow New Member

Jun 8, 2018
  10. jaselzer

jaselzer Active Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Ok, I added the Shield and it works well enough for the moment. I took a screen shot of the Harmony phone app open to the Nvidia shield. If you look at the bottom there’s a TiVo icon. What is that?[​IMG]

mschnebly likes this.
  11. BillyClyde

BillyClyde Active Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Click it and see!

12. jaselzer

jaselzer Active Member

Sep 10, 2018
    It opens up my samsung tv settings page. Just seems weird that the Tivo icon shows up. So bizarre.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I couldn't get it to actually control my Stream 4K so I just set up a Watch TV command that switches the TV and receiver to the right input. I don't use the remote, just the hub for Alexa control, so not a big deal.

14. jaselzer

jaselzer Active Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Hi Dan, you know that it controls the 4K by Bluetooth. Did you pair your Hub with the 4K through Bluetooth? To do so you need to use the phone harmony app, not the desktop app.

15. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    But what device do you use? Every Android TV device I tried to add kept searching the network and not finding it.