Harmony 6xx remotes and multiple TiVos

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by zeeker, Mar 28, 2018.

1. zeeker

zeeker New Member

Sep 8, 2017

Advertisements

Is it just me, or do others see this also ?

I have a Harmony 650, and a 665.
    I've no problem getting TiVo remote codes 0,1,2,3,7 to work on these remotes.
    Codes 4,5,6,8,9 result (mostly) in TiVo code 0 on the remote (6 results in a 1 as I recall).

In the cases where things work as expected, it mostly (always?) takes only 1 learned command for the Harmony program to declare success.

In the broken cases, it takes 3 learned commands before the Harmony program claims (emphasize 'claims') success.
    And here when sync'ing, the hover over the sync button usually (always?) says that there has been no change since last sync. Results do not bear that out though, as the remote is in fact changed after the sync.

FYI the same source remote (long peanut with a-b-c-d buttons) was used for programming in all above results.
    That peanuts codes 4,5,6,8,9 work fine on the TiVo's.

2. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I want to say my 880 only liked odd numbered TiVo codes, so they were 1, 3, and 5 at the time.
    I may be mis-remembering things.

I think I also noticed a problem with the "5" TiVo when I first got my 650 that replaced my old broke 880.
    After a bit of research, I think I found a firmware update that allowed me to use all the TiVo codes.
    Again, might be old brain remembering wrong.