Harmony 688 Problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by WiteWulf, Jan 9, 2007.

1. WiteWulf

WiteWulf New Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Nottingham

Advertisements

Morning all...got myself a Harmony 688 remote control yesterday and was having some problems getting it set up for my TiVo last night. More specifically, I couldn't get it to recognise that it was a Thomson Scenium model...it kept insisting it was a Sony model aeven after selecting 'Thomson' as the manufacturer and trying 'tivo' and 'scenium' as the model. Any suggestions on how to correctly identify it to the Harmony software?

2. niglom

niglom New Member

May 25, 2006
    I tried for two days to set everything up with this and finally gave up. Sent it back to suppliers and told them it was incompatible and they refundedd me my money

3. SimonG

SimonG New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    My 655 works fine with Tivo UK. Give Logitech a call if you have a problem, they are very good. It also knocks all other remotes (pronto, etc) into a cocked hat so persevere!

4. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    I agree with Simon I have 2 665s and the only issue I had was that the Logitech database loads some Tivo remote codes that are US and not UK so I had to copy some commands from my original Tivo remote.

5. WiteWulf

WiteWulf New Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Nottingham

Advertisements

Finally figured it out: putting Scenium in as the model wasn't enough but 'PVR10UK' identified it as a 'Scenium PVR10UK' or 'Tivo PVR10UK'. Now I just need to find these US bugs and iron them out.

6. dponsford

dponsford New Member

Oct 23, 2005
    London
    I have an 885 which I've been using for ages.

I used the following steps to add Thomson Scenium PVR10UK

Select Add Device
    Choose Video Recorder
    Choose PVR
    Choose Thomson from the list
    Enter PVR10UK for the serial number (assuming thats what you have :))

There are then two choices in the database.

Hope this helps