Harmony 676 and Tivo Music

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Unix_Beard, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Unix_Beard

Unix_Beard New Member

Dec 22, 2003
    I have a 676 and I want to set up an activity for "Listen to Music." I want it to turn on the receiver, switch to TV input on receiver, turn on TV and switch (if possible) to the Tivo "Music Photos and More." Is this possible?

When I attempt to set up an activity, it asks me to select the device I want to use to play "Digital Music." I select the Tivo and the software comes back and tells me I don't have any devices that play "Digital Music." And then it just loops.

Is there a way to manually set up activities?

2. mgoblue2215

mgoblue2215 New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    I have a 659. I think the setup works the same. Try selecting "Utility" instead of "Digital Music". This will take you to a generic activity screen where you can add the devices you want to use. The you can select the commands from those devices. You should also have the option of remapping your Listen to Music button (if the 676 has one) to your newly created activity.

The one problem you will have is getting the Tivo to navigate to the Music, Photos and more screen. Especially since Tivo remembers your last selection for certain screens. You could probably use the "page up" command to reset every screen before navigating to your selection. However, if Tivo adds anything to thse screens (i.e. Yahoo services) you will probably have to redo your remote setup each time it happens.