Harmony 670 -- TiVo S3 Remote codes???

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by MScottC, Oct 7, 2007.

1. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004

Advertisements

I just recently purchased a Logitech Harmony 670 Remote and took it thru the entire online setup... Conceptually this thing is great. But it seems to have setup the TiVo part of the remote with codes from a Series 2 remote or maybe something even different. There are buttons in the "Device" menu on the remote's LCD that I don't recognize. "Live TV" and "Clear" do not function as expected. Did I miss something during the setup? Does anyone have a better set of S3 Codes, or do I have learn the entire thing from scratch?

Scott

2. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I'm running an S3 just perfectly with a Harmony 550, so it's gotta be in their database. Logitech customer support is very responsive so I'd just give them a call.

3. JTYoung1

JTYoung1 Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Jacksonville...
    You probably just need to find a different set of codes in the Logitech database or set them up using your remote.

4. fred2

fred2 Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Make sure you have the Tivo model correct so it matches their database. I do NOT recall how I specified the model number but the 1st time was a problem but I managed to fix it. Harmony 720, here.

5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL

Advertisements

I have the Harmony 676 and it works fine with my S3.

When adding a device, you should use Video Recorder -> PVR -> TiVo, and then model number TCD-648250B. That should give you all the proper remote codes.

6. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Windracer,
    Thanks... I didn't enter the exact model number. I though S3 would be enough. This time around I followed your advice and its working great. I did modify the LCD activity menu a bit, including adding ThumbsUP and ThumbsDWn along with TiVO and LiveTV to the page one of the "Watch TV" activity menu.

Again, thank you. that seemed to do the trick for me.

7. bubba1972

bubba1972 Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Enjoy your new remote. I love my 680. They can handle two Tivos as well.