Harmonium Playback Issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by xekester, Jun 10, 2011.

1. xekester

xekester New Member

Nov 10, 2005

Advertisements

Although I have been happily using Harmonium to play MP3's through my Tivo Premier and its predecessor TivoHD, I am experiencing playback issues with a (seeming) growing number of tracks. Most of my tracks were ripped as albums using iTunes @320K. A number of tracks when played back make an awful set of screeching noises first, then playback the entire track normally. (I don't have a better way to describe these noises.) When this happens at high volumes I fear for the health of my speakers. Note that the "noise" problem only occurs with Harmonium, they all play fine using iTunes, WMP, etc.

Anyone else experiencing this and/or have suggestions for a solution? There seems to be no rhyme or reason why some tracks or whole albums exhibit this behavior and most others do not. Re-ripping the affected tracks does not fix this. I tried using Audacity to see if there was anything obviously wrong or different about the affected tracks, but could not see anything particularly wrong with them.
    Thanks,
    Xekester

2. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
  3. xekester

xekester New Member

Nov 10, 2005
    ggieseke,

Sorry for the delayed response, but I've been using the information you so kindly pointed me to. It's taken the better part of two days to accomplish!

Thank you very much - You nailed it for me!

I did learn an additional wrinkle along the way. It seems the limit for the embedded artwork has to be kept somwhere close to 300x300 or less. Perhaps this is a limitation in the mp3 tagging structure? Once I reloaded new (smaller) artwork using Amazon cover art and mp3tag for all tracks that exceeded the above limit all was well in my musical universe again.

I can't thank you enough for your timely assistance.

Xekester

4. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
  5. xekester

xekester New Member

Nov 10, 2005

Advertisements

ggieseke,

I'll have to look into that. I have so much artwork -embedded, folder.jpg, <title>.jpg, <album>.jpg, assorted [Class-Name].jpg, not to mention iTunes's version of artwork, it's coming out of my ears. This is probably due to the wide array of applications and devices I am using or played with in the past. Thank goodness for large hard drives!

I don't even remember when I started adding embedded artwork as well :confused:

For some reason, at some forgotten point I decided I needed / wanted higher rez artwork leading to the issue you have helped me to resolve.

Thanks once again,
    Xekester