Hardy Boys (2020) - Spoilers OK

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Amnesia, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA

Advertisements

I'm not quite done with the series (on episode 10 out of 13), but I was was wondering if anyone else was watching this and what they thought...

The brothers have kind of grown on me, but I don't really like the supernatural aspects of the series---that seems to run counter to the grounded viewpoint of the books that I remember...

I also like the actor who plays Chet (Adam Swain), but it doesn't look like he's been in many other things before...and I really dislike both the Phil character and Aunt Trudy...they don't seem very realistic...

2. Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    I liked it. I thought the actor playing the younger brother, Joe, Alexander Elliot, did a fantastic job.

3. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I loved it. Finished it in a single day.

4. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I liked it. It seemed to me they wanted to do a cheaper version of Stranger Things, but never really pulled it off.

The kid playing Joe was a great actor, but man I didn't like that character at all. A typical annoying kid that had no thought of consequences. Joe wasn't that way in the books, so that may be what throws me off.

5. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA

Advertisements

Joe really reminded me of another actor or character. Another short, sarcastic younger brother...can't think of what show it was though...

6. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Only on Hulu?

7. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Yes, it's a Hulu show