Hard Drive Upgrade issue ?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Bigmoss, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Bigmoss

Bigmoss New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    I have a HR10-250 and I just upgraded the hard drive to a bigger one from Weakness, the receiver wants to call DTV to activate the PVR function so I let it.

It dials out you hear the other side answer and after about 48-50 seconds of the fax sort of sound the line hangs up and the call fails. I have tried everything I can think of and the modem on the receiver must be good if it dials out and makes a connection ? Can DTV activate the DVR service if I call them or does the unit indeed have to do it ? I would hate to think I wasted the $ on this upgrade and now cant use my DVR

Thanks

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Have you contacted Weaknees? You might need to change the phone number that your Tivo is using for that initial setup call.

3. Bigmoss

Bigmoss New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Thanks Steve that worked

4. snickerrrrs

snickerrrrs Tech-no Guide

Mar 30, 2006
    Southern...
    I just finished hours and hours :eek: adding a 1.5TB SATA hard drive to an older HR10-250, finally it GSOD'd and fixed itself... SO I thought I'd borrow this thread to ask an unrelated question. Will I be able record Over The Air HD channels without HD service? I'd hate to pay $10 a month for just OTA recordings. :confused:

5. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    First of all, you don't have to pay for HD service if you set up auto-pay. But I have seen others post that they got DirecTV to drop the requirement for HD service for an HR10. It does not affect OTA recording.

6. snickerrrrs

snickerrrrs Tech-no Guide

Mar 30, 2006
    Southern...
    Everything is working ok, Except when I go to Directv Central or any other menu, it overlays the Live TV. This is actually kind of cool but almost impossible to read. I used WinMFS to expand the drive to 1TB which I think is the problem. Is there a way to shrink the usable space or expand a 250GB drive to 750GB. I put a 250GB drive in and everything works like normal. Any suggestions?

7. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    You missed copying the loopsets, somehow...