Hard drive space remaining?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by sjv, Jul 16, 2007.

1. sjv

sjv New Member

Jul 16, 2007

Advertisements

I just did the "lifetime" service upgrade to the Series 2. How do you determine how much hard drive space remains on the Series 2 dvr? :confused: With the Phillips Series 1 this was available.

Thanks

2. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    How was this available on your Series 1?

3. sjv

sjv New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    If memory serves me (I may be totally off here) there was a way you could go to settings with the Phillips and it was in the area where it reports your phone calls, etc.

4. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Last thing I heard, TiVo has never had a "space remaining" feature.

That's why so many have suggested it in the "suggestions" forum.

My Series 1s certainly don't have it.

Was your Series 1 "hacked" in any way?

5. sjv

sjv New Member

Jul 16, 2007

Advertisements

No, it wasn't. I could be just a brain fart that I'm experiencing....or "old timers" disease. :eek:

6. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    The best way to guess is that the space remaining is at least as much as the space/duration of the shows in the recently deleted folder. If you have 15 or 20 shows in there you're in great shape; if you have one or two you may be about to begin losing shows.

You can add the contents of the suggestions folder into the equation if you're not too fond of suggestions - once the RD folder empties out you'll start losing Suggestions and only when Suggestions is empty will you begin to lose shows out of the Now Playing List.

7. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    If it is networked, you can use an application called TiVoPlayList on your PC, to download recordings and see a disk usage chart.

For the Series 1s, there is a script or something which placed a disk usage gauge at the top of the NPL.