Hard Drive replacement problems.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by crxpilot, Sep 21, 2007.

1. crxpilot

crxpilot New Member

Sep 21, 2007
    I have done some searches for this problem and I cant find one similar if its there but..........
    I replaced my 80GB drive in my series 2 tivo with a new 250GB drive from a dealer who had put a tivo image on the drive (i think my last drive went out on me as the tivo was stuck on "welcome, powering up".
    the tivo will boot up ok and get to the tivo central screen, however, if I go the "restart or repeat guided setup" option in the settings menu, the tivo automatically resets on me. It also does this if I try to go to the phone and network menu.
    So basically I cant do anything else with this. Is there anything I can do to force it to go in to "clear and delete everything" or guided setup?
    thanks in advance for your help.

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Sounds like a bad image. Send it back for a new image.

3. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    Did you do a 'clear & delete everything' after you installed the drive? If not, you'll have to do it before you can use it. If you did, then I don't know.

4. crxpilot

crxpilot New Member

Sep 21, 2007
    Thats the problem, I cant get that far into the menu because everytime I select restart system which is before "clear and delete everything", the tivo automatically restarts all over again...........