Hard Drive Experience?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by VideoRoy, May 22, 2011.

1. VideoRoy

VideoRoy Member

May 17, 2011
    Houston, TX
    After reading a bunch of posts here I am wondering if there is any advantage to upgrading to the WD15EURS AV-GP style drives that say they are made for DVRs versus the EARS style.

I am very familar with drive technology but not the AV-GP style. I have an EARS on order but I could easily use that for another project.

Just wondering want folks experiences were?

Thanks for any thoughts on the matter and real world experiences would be most welcome.

2. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 New Member

May 6, 2011
    As far as I know, it's the exact same as the EARS but preconfigured with acoustic and Intellipark settings. Functionally, there should be no difference other than the added effort to install/configure it.

3. VideoRoy

VideoRoy Member

May 17, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for the reply. I have been reading even more and I think I will just stick with the EARS I have on order. Found a couple of great guides from the users here.

I was second guessin my decision and found some EURS on sale but lower capacity. Worst thing that could happen is it did not perform as expected and I swap it for and EURS and repurpose the EARS to one of many other projects.

Thank you.