Happy Endings

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dilbert27, Mar 28, 2011.

1. dilbert27

dilbert27 New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    So is anyone else going to watch this I saw the previews for it this weekend and it looks like it could be good but I dont know if it will be.

http://abc.go.com/shows/happy-endings

2. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Korean Massage Reality show? ;-)

3. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I'm going to check it out. Not expecting much so hopefully they'll surprise me.

4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    With DVR, I give most new network shows a shot if there is the remotest chance I might like it, so yeah, I will probably give this a go. Funny, two of my favorite shows were shows I almost didn't bother recording, The Middle and Raising Hope, because I didn't think they would appeal to me. I ended up recording them and love the shows.

5. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    At least Cuthbert has her hair long again. That short look was no bueno.

6. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    Seems to be in the same vein as "Traffic Light" and "Perfect Couples." I gave those a chance, so I will do the same here.

7. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    only on Cinemax.

8. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I just watched the pilot, and I kind of liked it. One of my favorite lines was "Do you know how hard it is to get slut out of Haitian cotton?"

9. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    I thought it was okay. The two friends with the funniest lines were the Black guy and the Gay guy. Some of the lines were cringe-worthy, though.

Not crazy about the two leads, but I'll probably give them a couple more shots.

10. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    LOL I got that. Just watched that movie again last week.

11. garyh

garyh Mizzou-Rah

Jan 15, 2004
    The Lou
    I really liked this, WAY funnier than Perfect Couples, and I got more laughs out of it than Better With You or Mad Love. Not quite on par with Rules of Engagement or HIMYM (did I cover all the group of friends/couples hanging out at a bar/diner/coffee shop sitcoms - not quite, but enough)

It also helps, that for me, there's something about Casey Wilson... I was pretty disappointed that she did not catch on with SNL.

12. swinca

swinca Menace to society

Jun 19, 2003
    Jaw-ja y'all
    Last night's episode was funny enough that I would watch it again.

13. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    THAT's where I'd seen her before! :up:
    I'm liking this show.

14. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I really liked the 1st episode. Which is rare for a pilot. 2nd one hooked me into a SP.

15. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    It felt like there was a lot of arguing and otherwise yelling at people in the pilot. That really put me off. Ironically, the episode had a happy ending.

I'm pretty picky about my sitcoms, and don't want to add another show to my season passes right now unless it's really good, so I'm going to pass.

16. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    It's ok. It started out poor, and I was about 2 seconds from deleting it, maybe 10 minutes in. The entire wedding scene at the beginning was stupid (rollerblade dude?:thumbsdown:). I stuck it out, and it got much better. Then the second episode (shown immediately after the first) was much better. It has some potential.

But geez, these writers have to do a better job of writing pilots. How many people didn't last 10 minutes? It's like Chaos where the stupidity quotient is so high you don't care how good it *may* get, 'cause you ain't sticking around to find out.

17. swinca

swinca Menace to society

Jun 19, 2003
    Jaw-ja y'all
    OH! So that's what happened. At about 10:05 I was wondering why the show was still on. I guess I missed the ending of the first and the start of the 2nd. Blame it on the tequila. :)

18. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Only watched the first episode so far.. annoying !@$ cut off end.

19. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    So you didn't get a happy ending?

My reaction to the first two episodes is "not bad".
    The writing isn't bad and the cast seems to work well here.
    I like Casey Wilson in this as well as Eliza Coupe (whom I remember from Scrubs as Denise or Jo) although I do wonder if they are going to the "Will They or Won't They" with Cuthbert and Knighton.

20. DUDE_NJX

DUDE_NJX Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Egyptian.

I'd happily watch Cuthbert get the stuff out of the fridge in that shirt. What's that site again? ;)

I'm glad Jo from Scrubs doesn't do the deep voice anymore. I hated it.