Happy Endings "The Shrink, the Dare, Her Date and Her Brother OAD 1/4/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Jan 4, 2012 #1 of 12
    tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    "Stop You Gay!"

I noticed when Max was shirtless that he still had the taco tattoo or is that Adam Pally's actual tattoo? I saw Eliza Coupe on Craig Ferguson and she has some sort of wing tattoos on her arms that are always covered with makeup on the show.

2. Jan 5, 2012 #2 of 12
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Your relentless need for individual threads for 30 minute sitcoms is... strange.:confused:

3. Jan 5, 2012 #3 of 12
    StacieH

StacieH betativowho??

Jan 2, 2009
    Between San...
    Why is it strange? I've been a member of this forum for years, and there have always been individual threads for sitcoms. I personally prefer it, but to each his/her own.

Unless the forum rules change (and I haven't read them in years; maybe they have), I don't see the issue.

4. Jan 5, 2012 #4 of 12
    milo99

milo99 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Falls...
    yeah, why is that strange? i don't want to go to a full season thread if i'm behind on episodes only to read about stuff i haven't watched yet. It's good to have them separate.

5. Jan 5, 2012 #5 of 12
    verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't get it either. Not sure what astro's point is.

I did like the episode. Nice misdirection with Penny, Dave, and the fountain.

6. Jan 5, 2012 #6 of 12
    tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    The fountain reminded me that this show is the Friends of the 2 thousand tens.
    So can someone answer my question about whether that is Adam Pally's real tattoo? If so, it is a very weird one to have.

"Seriously, I have to pick up the check again? What is the point of having white friends?"

7. Jan 5, 2012 #7 of 12
    tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    What's your problem? Why attack me?

8. Jan 5, 2012 #8 of 12
    DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    I always say let the market decide in terms of whether episode or season-long threads are necessary.

As for this ep, it wasn't my favorite Happy Endings ep by a long shot, but it was still very funny. Max and Jane's duel was hysterical, and the Brad-Alex scenes were a nice change (though they really are struggling with what to do with Alex) from the usual on-screen pairings.

Favorite line: (from Jane to Max) "You look like Jamiroquai* before Labor Day!"

[​IMG]

*For those of you who don't get it, Jamiroquai is kind of a jazz-funk band that had a pretty big hit in the late 90s with a song called Virtual Insanity. The lead singer of the band is a dude named Jay Kay, and he has a penchant for wearing ridiculous hats, like the one above.

9. Jan 6, 2012 #9 of 12
    mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I had caught a re-run from the current season about a month ago and since all the shows were off for the holidays I decided to start from the beginning... only took a week and now I'm all caught up. One of my favorite comedies in a long time--definitely fits my sense of humor. I love the sheer randomness of it and the cast has awesome chemistry. I feel like working on this show is probably the funnest job ever. I hope it sticks around for a while.

This episode was ok. The Penny/Dave thing was out of left field, and I was glad they didn't "go there" in that last scene, but I wonder if they're setting it up for that. I don't see it but oh well. Wasn't it the last episode where Dave and Alex had a little smooch action?

Anyone know who the actress was from the movie brad and alex were watching? I know she's been in stuff but for some reason I can't place her. Off to Google... nevermind I got it... I think I thought she was Alice Eve for a hot second but then I knew it wasn't her but she still looked familiar. She's been in some stuff but no major roles.

10. Waldorf

Waldorf Super Duper Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Found this on AVClub:
    I mainly remember Sarah Wright as the other hot blonde in "Mad Love" - the recently cancelled CBS sitcom with Jason Biggs and Sarah Chalke.

Michael Cassidy, I mainly remember as the editor of he Daily Planet on Smallville in Season 7.

11. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    There were two tattoos. One was on his side and that was the tattoo he got to get free tacos (which I believe is a fake tattoo that the show's makeup people put on him), and one was on his chest which was a real tattoo and apparently is the actor's name written in Hebrew.

Misdirection? I thought it might be foreshadowing.

12. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I still think it's misdirection. We'll see how it pans out.