Half of Guide Data missing?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by TigerClaw, Nov 11, 2018.

1. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Today I just noticed some of the Guide Data for some of the channels is missing. For example CBS is showing To be announced. but on the right side it shows nothing. like i can't select through its schedule as its completely blank on the right. all the other channels are showing the schedules correctly instead of that one. I noticed another channel having the same issue.

I have it reconnect to the Tivo server and download all the data. even restarted the Tivo and still CBS is missing its Guide Data. I posted a screenshots of the issue.

Is this happening with anyone else?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  2. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Ok on my roamio and XL4 for today.

What TiVo model?
    Where in the world are you located?

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Channel's call letters indicate Miami area. The fires in CA have been causing problems, but nothing noted for S. Florida. Also, the pictures seem to indicate a Premiere, perhaps in SD menu mode. It's hard to check without zipcode and provider. With those a check could be made at TiVo Online.

4. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    It's not an SD menu

5. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Its a Tivo Premiere. I'm from Hialeah, FL and my provider is Comcast.

The SD version of that channel is also showing the same thing.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  7. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Actually the HD Channels are working on mine. The only issue is the Guide isn't showing the schedule for the certain channels.

I posted two screenshots to show what's going on.

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I saw. I hate to sound like TiVo, but they are going to suggest you make two consecutive service connections. Your problem, in such a populated area seems very local. If you have checked for symptoms with TiVo Online and/or tvguide.com and they are both good, I'm out of guesses. Best hope is that it's a local feed problem and they will fix it tomorrow morning.

9. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Member

Jan 27, 2005
    TVGuide shows the schedule for the CBS channel fine. The Tivo App shows the schedule for CBS fine also. But on the Tivo Premiere. Its showing up as To be announced. Its not just the HD channel. But the SD channel for CBS is showing the same thing.

10. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Member

Jan 27, 2005
    I noticed another thing going on. If I change the Tivo Live Guide to Grid Guide. It shows the CBS channel with Upcoming in the Schedule. And not showing what's on right now. Here's another screenshot.

Attached Files:

11. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Just found another thing which is weird. In the Tivo Live Guide if I click on the >| on the remote for next day. I continue clicking on it until I reach 11/20 Tue. The schedule for that day and onward starts to show up for CBS. So it looks like the schedule for CBS is missing from Today all the way til 11/19 Mon.

12. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Run several connections as suggested

13. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Member

Jan 27, 2005
    I connected to the tivo server and restarted again. still didn't fixed that.
    The schedule for CBS will only show up when I get to 11/20. Anything before that just says To be announced.

14. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    The suggestion is to run a connection a couple of times immediately. That is supposed to flush the guide data.

15. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    next, i would try "clear program information & to do list:"

tivo central > settings & messages > help > restart or reset

16. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Doing that will clear my One Pass however. I got a bunch of shows that are set to record.

17. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    no, 1p's are left in place (as indicated in the instructions once you begin), though the tdl will take time to rebuild - wait for at least an hour before your next recording before starting the process.

once it's completed, you'll have at least one day's tdl, and subsequent connections will rebuild to a full 12 days soon after.

18. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Ok. gonna have to try that then. But it has to wait. Something will record at around 10pm EST.

Do I choose Repeat Guided Setup?

19. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    no, at least not yet - use "clear program information & to do list," then follow the on screen instructions and select the option for a connection once it's completed. it should automatically connect again on it's own in the background about a half-hour later. if it doesn't, force a connection about a half hour after the first, then report back. ;)

20. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Member

Jan 27, 2005
    That's gonna have to wait. Because in less then an hour the Tivo Premiere is going to record an episode of Star Wars Resistance. Its scheduled to record at 10pm EST.