Half my channels, to be announced.

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by schatham, May 22, 2018.

1. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007

Advertisements

Turned the TV on after work and half my channels are "to be announced". They all had info this morning. I have guide data to 6/2 according to system info and a successful connection today. Strange. I'm using Encore not Hydra.

Anyone else, Boston area.

I don't think my shows will record tonight without guide data.

Forced a connection and it's loading a lot of stuff. Boy I hope it's not pushing me back to Hydra.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    :eek: I hope not. Without a valid guide the 1P gives up.

3. schatham

Mar 17, 2007
    Still loading, @48%. Guess I'll find out in a little while. I guess after I see what this big download is I can record by time and channel if it's not fixed.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If it is the RC42 update, I suggest the following:
    Put box into Standby,
    Pull power,
    Apply power.

Within 30 minutes it will make a service connection automatically. I hope that gets you a valid guide.

5. schatham

Mar 17, 2007

Advertisements

I have guide data again, no forced update.

6. dfreybur

dfreybur Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    This happens all of the time in the different metro areas I've lived. Some low power station changes call letters, gets registered in the database, appears in my list. Being low power I can't tune to it so I turn it off in the channel list. Months later, lather rinse repeat. Never anything like half of the channels just one or two numbers with their list of subchannels.

It has happened for me when I moved metro areas and went through guided set up, but that only lasts until the next connection a few hours later.

7. schatham

Mar 17, 2007
    It was strange and has never happened before. Main tier stations were showing to be announced. HBO,NBC, USA etc.