Had my Premiere a few days...

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Shanezam203, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Upgraded from Series 3 HD to Premiere and I like it. It's QUICK, I like the new UI, I like the Live TV on the top right & the % space taken up in My Shows/ Tivo Central.

With LIVE tv, the Tivo is recording 30 minutes typically, on old Series 3 I could push the --> | button below the fast forward and that brought me to the begining of the recording, currently with premiere that is just a 30 second skip. What is the best way to get to begining of a recording?

Say I am not watching LIVE tv but something in my recordings, I can push LIVE TV button to return to Live TV but what is the best way to get back to "Now Playing" from the Tivo menu? (say you can see it on top right)

2. SugarBowl

SugarBowl Member

Jan 4, 2007
    north carolina
    push the ZOOM button

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    You can change the behavior back in the Remote options under Settings.

4. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    With my TiVo HD, pressing the skip button while rewinding skipped back to the beginning. With the Premiere, they made things more symmetrical: Pressing the skip button while fast-forwarding still skips to the end, but now to skip to the beginning you press the "Instant Replay" button (the same one that skips back 8 seconds) while rewinding.

5. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Thank you both, that answered my 2 questions. Love my Premiere.