"H8R" - worst thing ever put on TV?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mrdazzo7, Sep 14, 2011.

1. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Holy crap.

I accidentally turned on the CW while trying to see if they're re-airing the pilot for "Ringer" and this show H8R was on. Since I was on the channel already, I figured I'd watch a few minutes of it and see what it was about--maybe the celebrities they're featuring actually have redeeming qualities and will show a new side of themselves, proving that reality TV is faker than scripted TV, etc.

I watched about 10 minutes of the "Snooki" thing and holy christ, this is easily one of the worst things I've ever seen on TV (yes, even worse than Jersey Shore). They show some guy ranting about her in a video, and then she "surprises" him to confront him on why he hates her so much. Her argument was "I'm a good person, you don't even know me! Why do you hate me!?". She went home to meet his family, and then argued with his mother because "I'm a good person! It doesn't matter what I look like on TV, you don't know me!" The entire thing is basically people who are famous for no reason straight-up WHINING that total strangers don't like them based on the images THEY perpetuate every day. Really?

If she got on the show and was like "I get that I act a certain way on TV but that's for the cameras, I really spend my spare time volunteering at an orphanage and building houses with habitat for humanity" then maybe this would be interesting. But the whole thing just makes no sense. And to make it worse, there was a comment from Slater that the show has an "anti-bullying" message... Whatr? Random idiots who post videos of themselves "hating" fake TV personalities that they've never met is not bullying. And having those TV personalities "surprise them" and whine about being disliked by them is not "anti-bullying".

I don't know man, I only watched like 10 minutes and it was enough to make this the most absurd thing I've ever seen. It's a show about "celebrities" whining that random strangers made fun of them on the internet, and then basically proving why they're such tools by not even bringing anything interesting to the discussion.

I'm actually pissed that this is even on TV.

2. Torgo

Torgo Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Philadelphia
    So to recap your post, you're a H8R H8R?

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    The Mob Wives show was the worst thing I ever saw.

4. pig_man

pig_man Member

Jun 4, 2009
    The Ringer pilot is re-airing on Friday and Monday.

5. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    LOL!!! Of course the premise does not work. When you meet someone in person who is going to be on their best behavior, you won't hate them anymore.

6. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    He's a perfect candidate to be on the show!! :)

7. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    LOL... A H8R episode featuring H8R as the the thing being H8'ed is the only acceptable episode they could possibly do. There's no way anyone watches this show, even reality junkies. It looks like it was produced and filmed by a couple of high school freshman hopped up on red bull. Awful content, horrible production quality, and probably the single most annoying person they could have possibly picked for a host.

Ah who am I kidding, it'll probably be the most new watched show of the season, given the dumb s*** people will waste their time on (good shout out to Mob Wives.... or basically any 'reality' show with "wives" in the title.)

8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I don't think they picked Mario Lopez as a host. I think this was his project and he's producing it along with a couple of producers from Extra.

9. rich

rich Final answer?

Mar 18, 2002
    New York
    Sounds like a Springer episode: (guest shouting at audience: "You don't know me!!")