H20 IR Input

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Stevies3, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Stevies3

Stevies3 Member

Jul 13, 2002
    Long Island, NY

Advertisements

Hi,
    Does the new H20 receiver have a stereo or mono input for a remote control connection? I have a URC remote using the MRF300 series extender. On my H10 there is no input, Therefor I need to use "blasters". Steven

2. Guindalf

Guindalf Now with added dalf

Jun 13, 2001
    I think you need to explain what you need in more detail as this post makes little sense. What has a stereo or mono input to do with remote control? What exactly are you trying to do?

3. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    It makes sense to me. Some A/V components have a jack for a wired version of an IR control signal. Sony calls this CTRL-S. (Oddly, my Sony receiver has both an IR remote input jack and a CTRL-S input jack.)

I have not seen an H20, but I would be very surprised if it had such a jack. The future media server may well, however.

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    It's possible that the IR jack on the H20 may actually be an output to control a VCR. Although, I don't know why, since the H20 is HD and the VCR would be SD (and bad SD at that).