Guided Setup program download issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by superwombat, Aug 7, 2007.

1. superwombat

superwombat New Member

Aug 7, 2007
    So, I've searched the forums for a few hours, so I guess my problem has never happened to anyone else. :)

I recently got a new series 2 Humax Tivo to replace my old unit that died a horrible death. I have the Tivo brand wireless USB adaptor and a Netgear Wireless router. Both of those were used in the old system and worked fine.

When I start through guided setup, I fill in my network SSID and passcodes etc, the Tivo pulls an IP address and says it's time to download the Setup Info.

Once I'm at the "Getting Setup Info" screen, it stops on the second step.

It says: "Connecting (Configuring...)"

Stays like that for about 5 mins, then stop with an error: "Failed While Configuring"
    Tivo error code N18, please unplug your unit for 15 seconds and plug it back in.

At first I thought it might be a wireless connection issue, but the link light on the wireless adaptor is going blinky-blinky the whole time (Fast blinks implying data transfer, not slow blinks implying failure to connect)

I've already turned off all my network security, just in case, and power cycled the TiVo about 20 times. I'm not making any progress.

Like I said, I somewhat doubt it's an issue with the network connection, but I don't have a phone line at all so that's not an option for troubleshooting. Hopefully someone has seen something like this before. Maybe I just got a bad unit?

2. kmitchell

kmitchell New Member

Jul 28, 2007
    I think if you've made it that far your network is working. I'd suggest getting on the phone with tech support which should be able to tell you what's going on during the "Configuring" step of the connection.