Guided Setup has no OTA channels or guide data

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Mantab, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Mantab

Mantab New Member

Sep 10, 2016

Advertisements

Like many, I assume, I'm having an issue with OTA channel lineup not existing since having "been upgraded" to the new system.

I go through the guided setup, Zip Code 84017. I have tried other zip codes in my proximity (Park City), nothing works.

Before the upgrade everything was fine, when I went into Channel list, every option for the metro area existed. Now, none of the common frequencies exist. I do a channel scan, and it picks everything up that it should but without any guide data. The channels show in the channel list as *<name> as opposed to what they used to be (like K41GSD as an example).

This is the lineup that I SHOULD have:

K41GSD - 2-1
    K41GSD2 - 2-2
    K51FYD - 4-1
    K51FYD2 - 4-2
    WINTV - 4-3
    K51BK30 - 4-30
    K49FYD - 5-1
    K49FYD2 - 5-2
    K49FYD3 - 5-3
    K47HBD - 7-1
    K47HBD2 - 7-2
    K47HBD3 - 7-3
    K22DMD - 9-1
    K22DMD2 - 9-2
    K22DMD3 - 9-3
    K16HSD - 10-2
    K16HSD2 - 10-2
    K16HSD3 - 10-3
    H17DGD - 11-1
    K17DGD2 - 11-2
    K17DGD3 - 11-3
    K43AAD - 13-1
    K45AAD2 - 13-2
    K19DUD - 14-1
    K18KOD - 30-1
    K18KOD2 - 30-2
    K18DID3 - 30-3

zap2it.com has everything right for my zip code. What I have listed is what is easily listened to via broadcast (within 10 miles) and or line of sight. The beginning of the season is coming up and the wife will kill me if the DVR doesn't work. Please sympathize with my plea and fix this for me. Called support 3 times, they have told me to update,update,powercycle, update and wait 48 hours. Then they told me guided setup, update,update,powercycle,update, guided setup, update and wait 48 hours. The last one told me wait a week. I'm getting the run around and am hoping to get some community help as support isn't pulling it.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    try 84084. Repeater stations are seldom in the database.

3. Mantab

Mantab New Member

Sep 10, 2016
    I tried everything that can "see" lewis peak (which is near me). Tried 84094, 84060, 84061, etc.

Will try 84084 and report shortly. Thanks.

4. Mantab

Mantab New Member

Sep 10, 2016
    So that shows a few channels with channel guide information - all of which I cannot view (I get the same if I go into channel list and check boxes for channels that I can't get reception on). The channels that I do get reception on, have "To be announced" as the guide information.

This worked 100% fine before the "upgrade" so I don't know that it's a repeater issue... if I go to zap2it.com, all of my broadcast stations show exactly what is on TV for my repeater location and for my zip code.

In short, using your zip code (West Jordan?) had no difference of result than using my former Sandy City zip code. Both result in zero guide information for the channels that I receive and have gotten guide information in the past on.

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

Even though you called support, report the above at the line-up page.

https://www.tivo.com/lineup.html

Scott

6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Sorry to take so long to reply. Sadly, zap2it is no longer the reference point for our guides. You now have to use tvguide.com or tv.com. Both use "Rovi" data. I still use zap2it for correct information.

7. Nickipedia

Nickipedia Nick of Time

Jul 18, 2015
    Michigan/D.C.
    You can also send this to lineup@tivo.com.

8. Mantab

Mantab New Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Thank you all for the replies, I will try those options.

I did submit an online lineup issue a week or so ago. I submitted another one when I created this post. I will try also the email alias. Thank you!

9. Mantab

Mantab New Member

Sep 10, 2016
    So if I put in my zip code in tvguide.com and tv.com and the lineup is correct but it doesn't have any of the retransmission locations and I SOL?

10. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Sorry, I can't think of anything you haven't done already.

11. Mantab

Mantab New Member

Sep 10, 2016
    I appreciate the replies. I will see what TiVo lineup issue comes back with. Unfortunate to think that it only works in very major metro locations and doesn't facilitate retransmission locations.

I can see where the disconnect is, previously when I did guided setup, my zip code gave me everything in zap2it. Now when I do guided setup it's giving me everything in tv.com/tvguide.com and those only include generic information, like for channel 2.1 tvguide shows the channel KUTVD wheras zap2it shows KUTVDT and K15FLD,K41GSD,K21JMD,K26LFD. I am able to receive on almost all of them and I can visually see K41GSD's broadcast location (6 miles from my house).

KUTVD is just a broad code that doesn't resolve to any of the retransmission frequencies. Not sure how to get that fixed :-\.