Guided Setup bug on Bolt?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Nickipedia, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Nickipedia

Nickipedia Nick of Time

Jul 18, 2015
    Michigan/D.C.

Advertisements

I've run into an issue while repeating Guided Setup that I'm curious to see if anyone else has encountered.

After the Rovi switch the data for my provider wasn't accurate. I repeated Guided Setup to see if I could find the correct lineup with another ZIP code. After the initial connection I was provided with the list of providers and my option wasn't listed. I chose "None of the above", then verified "No, I'm sure the name has not changed" to continue. On the ZIP code verification screen I chose "No, let me go back and make changes" to change the ZIP code to another city. At this point I get the "Please Wait" message. After about 30 seconds instead of the ZIP code screen it asks if I receive any premium channels. I choose no and I get the "Your cable channels are now set up." The only option is "Press Select to continue", at which point it wants to begin downloading the guide data.

So instead of taking me back to the make changes screen, it continues forward with no other option than to download the guide data for the system that isn't selected. The only way out of this it to power cycle the Bolt and start Guided Setup over. It's not a major problem since you can simply cycle power, but it's definitely annoying. It essentially behaves as if you selected a provider and continued on. Though I'm interested to know which provider data it would have downloaded had I let it do so.

Has anyone else come across this? I haven't tried to replicate this on another box.