Guide very slow

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Tom088, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Tom088

Tom088 New Member

Sep 8, 2013

Advertisements

I have seen the wheel of death too many times and for too long.

2. TiVoSupport_Sarah

TiVoSupport_Sarah TiVo Representative

Mar 30, 2015
    Within the last few days, we have a had a lot of "Blue Spinning Circle" issues. I would ask you to give me the TiVo Service Number of your DVR to assign it to he investigation.
    Thank you in advance.

3. John Hafer

John Hafer Member

Dec 20, 2001
    Woodbury,...
    Mine has been terrible lately! I went to show off my TiVo to a friend last night and I could not get out of the blue spinning circle. Ended up just shutting off the TV and leaving it. Needless to say, my friend was not impressed.
    How do I send you my TiVo Service Number?

JoeKustra likes this.
  4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    PM. Errr. I think that went away with the new BBS. I can't seem to find it.

But, if you have a Roamio or Bolt, please leave a post if you DON'T have the problem.

5. MrDell

MrDell Active Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Rhode Island

Advertisements

My Roamio was very bad last week, but it seems to be improving slightly. Not sure why, but hopefully it will get back to normal.

cTwining likes this.
  6. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    I think its a "conversation", which you can start from your inbox (at least in windows, not sure about mobile).

JoeKustra likes this.
  7. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Just tapped TiVoSupport_Sarah's name to the left of her posting on my tablet and "conversation" was one of the options.

8. cp2k

cp2k Member

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm not sure if this is related or not, but on ONE of my boxes I've been seeing the occasional spinning circle lately. However it has been virtually impossible to schedule recordings on that box with the app lately. Every time I go into anything it will give the "do you want to reconnect to your box" message. I've restarted the TiVo, reset my router, etc. As I write this post the TiVo app on my iPad can't find the Cable Roamio at all (Can't connect to the TiVo Service message) but it can find my antenna one just fine. I just did a connection to the TiVo service that was successful as well just to make sure it was getting through.

9. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    I just logged into Tivo.com for the first time in a long time. No reason me to to go there anymore since they killed the ability to transfer SP's to/from the HD (but it says they may add that feature in the future HAHAHAHA). Anywho, the site isn't performing much better than my Premier. Does Tivo only have one server? It's an old C64, isn't it? With the optional floppy drive?

fburgerod likes this.
  10. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston

TSNs for Bolt and Roamio sent.

11. Sgt Howl

Sgt Howl Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Although I had tried forcing a connection and rebooting my TiVo, I hadn't tried the following sequence suggested by TiVo. So far, so good - no BSCs!

Force a connection to the TiVo Service, power-cycle/reboot your TiVo, and force another connection to the TiVo Service.

12. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    Day 8 and counting....Maybe fixed in December? But what year?

13. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I didn't notice any last night.

Scott

14. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I remember last year when we had a BSC for every episode of SNL. It never went away, so I figure it's somehow tied to the recording. That doesn't explain problems with 1P manager though.