Guide program time not matching current time

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by BOBCAT, Jan 13, 2012.

1. BOBCAT

BOBCAT Member

Nov 28, 2002
    SF bay area
    When I have the guide up to see what is coming up next, The time in the upper right corner will say 7:57 pm, but the guide for the next program is already at 8PM. On the HR10-250, the guide would not update to 8PM until the upper left corner time clicked to 8PM.
    Anyone else notice this?
    Wonder if there is a way to put the current time and program time in sync.

2. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    This is a feature, not a bug. Tivo implemented this a long ago. I believe it was right about the time the Series 2 came out.

3. BOBCAT

BOBCAT Member

Nov 28, 2002
    SF bay area
    This never happened with my HR10-250's.
    While watching the guide, as soon as the time clicked to 8pm, the guide updated to the program that was starting at 8pm.
    Doesn't seem right that at 7:57pm the program that is playing up to 8pm would be taken off, and the program that starts at 8pm would post at the top of the list.

4. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    My HR10-250 always did that. Granted, it's probably been 5 years since I used one, but back then it did the same thing.

It does make sense, at least to me. At 7:57, I'm not really worried about what I can watch the last 3 minutes of. I'm more worried about what's coming on soon that I'll be able to watch for at least 30 minutes.

Well honestly, I almost never watch live TV. But when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. :D

5. Jerry_K

Jerry_K Don't know much

Feb 7, 2002
    Maryland
    DirecTiVo and Series three clicked over at precise guide program start time.