Guide not updating

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Morris Altman, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Morris Altman

Morris Altman New Member

Jun 15, 2019

Advertisements

I noticed that my ToDo list only has two days in it. Checked Guide and everything on 4/29/21 and after are marked at "To Be Announced".

My cable is Verizon FIOS for New York City. I'm pending support to wake up on the west coast. I've rebooted the box and forced a TiVo service connection and both were normal.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Morris Altman

Morris Altman New Member

Jun 15, 2019
  3. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015
    I tried to start a season pass for a series that starts May 5. I got "No matching shows found". I went to "network settings" and connected with the network. Nothing happened. I did it again and as of last night I still can't see any shows beyond May 4 at 8:00.

4. Morris Altman

Morris Altman New Member

Jun 15, 2019
    Probably a guide issue. You need to power cycle after that and may also need to connect to TiVo after.

Good luck,

Morris

5. SteveD

SteveD Active Member TCF Club

Oct 22, 2002
    Parsippany, NJ

Advertisements

Tivo currently has no guide data past 7:30PM EDT on May 4. Check the online Tivo Guide for what's available at http://online.tivo.com/start/guide. No need to sign in, just enter your zip code and select your provider.

6. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
  7. Morris Altman

Morris Altman New Member

Jun 15, 2019
    my guide runs to 5/8 as it should since I corrected as described above. Something must be going on as TiVo support did not read the updates to my ticket where I told them how I resolved it and stated they are aware of the issue.

To fix, follow 3 in this FAQ
    Tivo Customer Support Community

8. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I just had a connection that began a little before 5pm and ended after an hour or so. I thought for sure the guide data would update, but nothing.

9. Morris Altman

Morris Altman New Member

Jun 15, 2019
    That's great. Now connect again and when it completes power cycle your TiVo. Then connect one more time and you should have a guide.

10. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    I don't know about after May 5 but when I connected without doing anything else, I had listings and now I have a season pass. This wouldn't have been a problem if the show hadn't changed networks.

11. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    This morning I saw that I had an early morning connection for today. It updated the guide data. I was surprised as I don't usually see that for early morning connections. At any rate, FINALLY!

Maybe some day they will actually fix the guide data to the point that there won't be listings that are completely generic and the Pass picks them up, even though it doesn't say 'new' and there is no info. It's annoying to have to go into 'ToDo' every time there is an updated guide and delete scores of shows that shouldn't be there. I just don't understand why 'new only' includes every single rerun listing as long as there is no guide data at all. It seems like it's certain shows. I've actually deleted Passes for some shows becausae I got tired of having to go in and delete 20 or more generic listings that are scheduled to record. /rant

12. ManeJon

ManeJon Active Member

Apr 14, 2018
    I hate that they put "NEW" on shows - most of which aren't close to new. Wow why isn't my season pass reording that - and when you look at the details it was new a long time ago. Rather not see at all than wrong.

13. hershey4

hershey4 Member

May 31, 2006
    Red Sox Nation
    i am so sick of these guide isssues over and over again... it's always some screw up. I have COmcast/Gardner MA and lots of TItle Not Available now and hardly any program guide after 5/5. I am in the process of reconnect/reboot/reconnect but I'm not too hopeful. I will have to painstakingly figure out what should be recording and try to set up manual recordings in the interim.

I really have to start reconsidering switching to Comcast DVR. I have no patience for this c*r*a*p.