Guide not up to date Or in Sync with remote apo

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by philt56, Apr 15, 2017.

1. philt56

philt56 Member

Aug 21, 2008

Advertisements

Is the guide info shown in the remote app updated separately than what the TiVo shows? The remote app shows the correct info for NBA playoffs but the the TiVo guide just has generic entries for the nite without the correct times or teams playing. My other TiVo Roamio also shows the correct data in this guide. I did a connection to service on the bad Roamio and it did not help. If I try to set the recording thru the app, it fails, I guess because it's not the same info on the associated TiVo

I did the service connection thru the mini, I assume that has the same effect as doing it directly on the machine...

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I think no...

And the 'app' can 'connect' to individual devices. Like TiVo1, TiVo2, Mini1, etc...

-KP

3. philt56

philt56 Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Well the guide data on the app must be obtained independently of what the TiVo has downloaded. I wonder if the mini has its own guide data too. I then went directly to the TiVo with the bad guide data and it was already in the process of loading new data. After all it was done, it was correct. Maybe the mini told it to reconnect but the mini made it look like it was already done installing data.

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    The Mini downloads it's own data every night, too.

-KP

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

The guide on TiVo Online is what your device should have, not reality. The Mini guide can only display guide data contained on its host. Check System Information on the Mini and Roamio for Guide end date. The same probably applies to the remote app.