guide not starting on right channel

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by thehepcat, Apr 4, 2009.

1. thehepcat

thehepcat Member

Jan 9, 2002

Advertisements

All of a sudden, everytime I launch the program guide, it is starting off on the lowest numbered channel instead of the one I am currently watching. I can't seem to find the setting to correct this. Any ideas?

2. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    That does seem a little strange. Maybe you could provide a little more detail. Which of the four TiVos listed is this happening on? Is there a cablebox connected? cablecards? What channel number is the first in the list? Does it always happen? While in LiveTV?

What Guide Options are you using for: Filter, Style, Channels?

3. thehepcat

thehepcat Member

Jan 9, 2002
    thanks jrm. oddly, it's working now. I'll have to keep tabs on this to see if it happens again.

It occured on the HD, 1 m-card and was defaulting to channel 102. Using Live Guide with filtering off.

4. thehepcat

thehepcat Member

Jan 9, 2002
    ....and it's back.

the only thing that I can think of that has happened since I last used the guide successfully today, is that there were a couple of recordings, though none on channel 102.

also, one correction from before. 102 is NOT the lowest channel. there are two beneath it.

very strange.

5. thehepcat

thehepcat Member

Jan 9, 2002

Advertisements

OK, I checked again this morning and it is displaying correctly. I definitely think it has something to do with recordings. I turned it off last night after the Final Four games and nothing recorded overnight.

6. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Is this happening when you are viewing a program from the Now Playing list? Suppose I am recording a show on channel 606 and the unused tuner is on channel 7 and is the "current" tuner. I then go to the Now Playing list and start watching the show being recorded on channel 606. If I then bring up the guide it starts on channel 7. I then go to live tv and make channel 606 the "current" tuner. If I then go back to the Now Playing list, start the program on channel 606, and bring up the guide it will start on channel 606. May be what is happening to you.

7. pdhenry

pdhenry Oh, my aching back

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Reboot?

8. thehepcat

thehepcat Member

Jan 9, 2002
    have definitely rebooted, but no dice.

I did think of the tuner angle, but 102 is Headline News and I've definitely not watched it anytime in recent memory.