Guide Info Correctness

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by showpony, Jan 7, 2006.

1. showpony

showpony Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Michigan

Advertisements

Does anyone know who is responsible for posting the information that appears when you hit the guide button on your TiVo remote? Is it the cable company that you are with? The networks themselves, or TiVo? Etc?
    I am sick of thinking that I am recording a specific show and having it be a repeat of what I have already seen because of poor programming information. Same thing goes for repeats vs. first runs.

I would like to petitions someone to make sure we have up-to-date information, but I need to figure out who first!

Thanks for your input!

2. anom

anom Enlightened

Apr 18, 2005
    If I remember right, Tivo contracts Tribune Media Services to provide the listings.

Of course, Tivo's the company you're paying for the listings, so they're ultimately responsible. I'm surprised you're having a big problem with their accuracy; it's almost never been an issue for me.

3. showpony

showpony Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Michigan
    It is sporadic. Like with all of the Law and Order repeats out there, It will list the title and characters wrong for that episode. It is annoying. I wonder how they divide up the responsibility of putting in the programming info? By provider? State? or what?

All I want is accurate information. Anyone has any names or numbers of who I should try to get us more accuracy, let me know.

4. lajohn27

lajohn27 Fanboi.. So what?

Dec 29, 2003
    Canada
    In that case.. the information provided to Tribune by the broadcaster is most likely wrong.

You should complain to the broadcaster thru their website about the accuracy of the listings data they provide to Tribune.

5. mrjam2jab

mrjam2jab Still Learning

Jul 23, 2004
    Levittown, PA

Advertisements

my wife got P*ssed last night cuz of programming guide. She set it to record Cold Case last night. This is a 1 hour show from 8-9. Well for some reason according to Recording History it was on 8 pm and 830pm. So 1 hour starting at 830 overlaps the 9pm show too much to clip and the 9 pm show was a higher priority SP so Cold Case was not recorded at all.

What happed to the 8pm part of it? Why was it listed at two different times? This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks that this has happened.

6. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    The network pushed back the start time because of football.

The only change this week was that they actually pushed out guide data stating they were doing so. Usually this is an unscheduled change.

BTW, Cold Case actually ran from about 8:47 - 9:47 last night, so even their revised start time was too early. My rule of thumb is that Cold Case needs a hour of end padding in order to actually record the whole episode.

7. D_Doherty

D_Doherty New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    The show lost all credibility with me last night in the first 5 minutes anyhow by dating seens in 1981 and playing songs from 'Born in the USA' (1984).