1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide in the latest software release 21.7.2.R19

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Skybolt, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Skybolt

Skybolt Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Long Island
    The guide in the latest software release for the Roamio 21.7.2.R19 does not honor the channels that are not enabled in the channel list. I have rebooted, re-added all channels then unchecked them and they still show up. Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
    Orlando

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Not honor as in the guide shows unchecked channels? That's not happening to me. I use Favorites mostly. If you mean the thumbnails on the bottom having pictures that are from channels that are unchecked, that's an issue with TE3 also.

I never have the guide set to All Channels. That would be over 400 on my feed. Channel list gives me about 50 and Favorites has about 20.

3. schatham

schatham Active Member

Mar 17, 2007
    I assume you made sure your guide is set to my channels. Guide, press A, choose. Are you using the new or old version of Tivo?

If this happened to everyone I'm sure their would be a Tivo revolt. Maybe post in the help section.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    20.7.4.RC29 = TE3, Encore, older

21.7.2.19 = TE2, Hydra, newer

With Hydra it's Channel List. With Encore it's My Channels.

5. Skybolt

Skybolt Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Long Island
    So yes all unchecked channels are being displayed.
    My Roamio Plus is set to All Channels and I just unchecked the one's I don't want.
    The firmware is the the latest that just came out a month ago.
    For me the cable card channel list is 700-835, with all of the fluff channels removed.

I agree there would be a revolt if everyone was seeing this, so I guess I need to create a channel list to correct this. This shouldn't have to be done, but ok.

Thanks guys.

6. Skybolt

Skybolt Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Long Island
    After trying to create a favorites list I came across a new option for me. While viewing the guide press "A" and under channels there is a new selection "All", this overrides the "Channel List" or "Favorites" lists. This may have always been there and I just found it after this update, I don't know. Either way it wasn't broken, just not being used correctly by me. Thanks for the help guys.

JoeKustra likes this.
  7. Skybolt

Skybolt Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Long Island
    Sorry I had left out the "C" in RC19.
    In the system information the Software Information line is 21.7.2.RC19. SO I guess that is the newer one.
    This new software update has thrown me for a loop, but how the heck do you set favorites now?

EDIT: While watching the channel, press info then Channel options. Man that's hidden.

8. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Your "new" selection has been there forever.

mattack likes this.
  9. schatham

schatham Active Member

Mar 17, 2007
    You don't wan't all channels selected, choose my channels.

10. DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013
    21.7.2.RC19...I've got a few shows that are set to record one specific channel (or get in HD) but when I check my To Do list I see two entries...one on a HD channel, one on a SD channel.

Sometimes the SD channel is listed in the To Do list with an X (like a conflict?), other times it is set to record. An example that comes to mind is next Sunday's (4/29) Westworld on HBO.

I've never seen this problem mentioned here on the forums. I'm guessing it's bad guide data. Anyone else seen this problem or have a fix?

11. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Or, Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Set your season pass to a specific channel instead of using "all channels" to record. You'll practically eliminate that issue then.

12. DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013
    Doesn't help. At least not with the guide data I'm getting here. I've tried all channels and a specific channel...the behavior doesn't change.

13. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Is there guide data for the specific episode? If there isn't (yet), then it thinks they may be different, so wants to record all of them.. but doesn't have enough tuners..

though I also see it other times.. I think on OPs that are NOT always/never HD (yes I use never HD for some things like reality shows), but I still want 'all channels' to get it for when it's preempted and moved to another channel, which happens..

14. DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013
    Yes.

I'm suspicious of my guide data...so may re-run guided set up and see if that changes the behavior. I'm suspicious of the guide data because if I un-check one or more channels...they still show up in the guide.

15. cwb3106

cwb3106 Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Looks like your running the latest UI (aka Hydra). Do you have a Bolt (this is the Roamio forum)? I have the previous UI so these comments might not apply...

When you display the guide, you can filter the channels shown to: all, my channels, favorites. "All" will show all channels, even if not checked in the channel list. Pick "My Channels" to show only channels checked in the channel list.

Also, entries are not removed from the To Do list when One Passes are changed, only the status of the entry. So if a show is on multiple channels, say 7 and 1007 and your One Pass is set to "All Channels", then both airings will appear in the To Do list. If you then change the One Pass to just channel 1007, the channel 7 entry in the To Do list will still be there, but will be marked as not recording. When additional guide data is downloaded, airings for channel 7 in the new guide data will not be added to the To Do list. After a couple of weeks, you should have no entries for the channel 7 airing; just channel 1007.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited: May 1, 2018